Just Checking In

Elmo

Hi all,

So it's been quite some time. Just want to let you know I'm alive and doing well and no, I didn't get chased away from the forum or get disgusted by it what so ever.

It's been a crazy year. I use to log on a lot because I worked in an office and I would just have the forum open on my computer and then when I got home, I'd check in as well. I haven't logged in for several reasons.

I was working for a hospitality business that included event venues, restaurants, and hotels. Of course COVID took a big hit on it. I was laid off for a bit. Eventually when things started to open I was one of the first to be called back. My team was a fraction of what it use to be and I was asked to open up all most of the location by myself. I was working a lot and that was the last time I logged into the forum.

I also realized that the industry I was in was probably not the best industry so I put my name out there and was recruited by a new company that specializes in biometric data and I took the job. Being a security company that holds sensitive data, I have to use a computer that is locked. While I can work around it, I decided to be the good company boy and not log in while working. Starting a new job and also learning new technology also means I'm just as busy as well.

When working, we some times get so immersed in our works that we forget to look up. During my year sitting at home during lock down I realized that I was not as involved in my children's lives as I should be. So I no longer log in after work either. On weekends, I always try to do something with them.

I also purchased a second home as an investment property. It's a multi-family home that I rent out. As a "slumlord", I had to also had to fix up the house so it would be fit for tenants, go through the renting process, and now do occassional maintenances there, etc.

Anyway, hopefully everything should eventually start to settle down and I'll check in more often but the odds of me being as involved as I was before probably won't come soon.

Oh, and apparently my login is all funky. Fortunately, I never logged out of TapaTalk so I can still check in every once in a while with it.

Best,

Elmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 17