Just wondering...

bugsNbows

I've been a member here for approximately 6 years. I visit regularly, but only post occasionally. Seldom do I receive comments, feedback or any sort of communication regarding anything. Why does it feel like y'all don't like and / or  appreciate "outsiders"? Pygmy (Dan) has been the only member that seemed friendly and helpful. Guess I didn't realize that not living in NYS would so hamper my experience. 

Any comments?

• Like 2

The only reason you think " Not living in NY " would hamper your experience is because you yourself mentions the fact that you " do not live in NY "  !  No one cares where anyone lives - just so you know - just enjoy the website and share Hunting / Fishing  Stories / Pics  and/or Jokes !  Have a great day !

• Like 2

just looked on your page and last 10 or so posts were just short ones so guess i didnt respond due to that or possibly the topic....  But i am betting your one of the 98% on here i would gladly have a beer with.  And would love to hear about some Georgia hunting- deer, gators, hogs...  And i have a question - are wild hogs as prevalant there as us NYers' think?  Always hear about how many are in the south and is it something people are able to hunt on open land or is most of it on private land?  Ive heard they are bad and ive also heard a lot of people have capitialized on them for hunting on their private lands and its actually difficult to find a spot that an outfitter hasnt already gobbled up.  And you ever run into Micheal Waddell?  lol 

• Like 5

Well in your profile it says  your bow is a crossbow , there ya go ………… Just bustin on ya :rofl: . Don’t get too worked up over it, there’s times I don’t get a like or comment etc either .  just enjoy the forums . 

• Haha 2

I’m not getting worked up or anything. I do recall one member pushing some crap about me coming on here and posting while not living in NYS. While I was born and raised in Steuben County, I moved away a long time ago. My family has a little land with a hunting cabin on it that we (the wife and I) have been coming to every year for a very long time. I shot my first buck at the age of 16 in 1966. It was on the Erwin WMA, and comes with a unique story.

To answer an above question, the best hog hunting in is south Ga. I live way up north in the mountains, and am surrounded by thousands of acres of national forest. There are not many Ag crops, and the deer mainly live in residential areas (like my yard lol). We do have some turkey (AAMOF) I have pics of a white turkey in a wild flock. There are a lot of black bears around… have seen three in my yard. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

I’m not getting worked up or anything. I do recall one member pushing some crap about me coming on here and posting while not living in NYS. While I was born and raised in Steuben County, I moved away a long time ago. My family has a little land with a hunting cabin on it that we (the wife and I) have been coming to every year for a very long time. I shot my first buck at the age of 16 in 1966. It was on the Erwin WMA, and comes with a unique story.

To answer an above question, the best hog hunting in is south Ga. I live way up north in the mountains, and am surrounded by thousands of acres of national forest. There are not many Ag crops, and the deer mainly live in residential areas (like my yard lol). We do have some turkey (AAMOF) I have pics of a white turkey in a wild flock. There are a lot of black bears around… have seen three in my yard. 

In all reality , we’re all just jealous that you were smart enough to move out of this state … 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

In all reality , we’re all just jealous that you were smart enough to move out of this state … 

25 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

I can only think of one person that made a comment about posting and not living in the state. He doesn't even like the sight unless he has a question or selling something. 

As others have said doesn't matter where you live.

2 hours ago, BizCT said:

I like almost everyone on the forum, except the ones who only post political stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

same here. I can only think of 3 I don't care for and even then there's no hate. 

I wouldn't take a lack of comments or response personally. There's really just not that many of us left and the owner is MIA and we have 1.5 active mods. 

This time a year things also pick up.

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

same here. I can only think of 3 I don't care for and even then there's no hate. 

I wouldn't take a lack of comments or response personally. There's really just not that many of us left and the owner is MIA and we have 1.5 active mods. 

This time a year things also pick up.

this is spot on. I didn't even know you weren't in the state, but also don't care really. if anyone has any outdoor input I welcome them. As far as reactions go,that means nothing.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I'll be headed for GA next week. Gator season starts at sunset on the 19th. Been 5 years since I drew my first GA gator tag!

Lots of nice area in GA I just try to avoid ATL, hate driving in that city!

10-4 on Atlanta. Worst part about living up here.

I dont pay any attention to where anyone lives, no real reason for any one else either. Sometimes folks just dont have anything to say/offer. If you are looking for advice/opinions, ask. If someone isnt , I do not say anything. Especially if someone is from out of the area and looking for information, I am happy to offer my two cents, but I dont if someone already has said the same thing. 

that said, I spent two weeks deer hunting in Georgia about twenty five years ago...and had a great time! Beautiful country, lots of deer, mostly great folks...too many yankees down there for my taste though.

To be honest, this area is a lot like NYS where I grew up. Nice mountains (bigger than the ones in Steuben), trees, critters, four distinct seasons, cool season grass, etc. We only get snow a couple of times per year... the most I have ever seen up here was 6". The people are very friendly (typical small town southern folks), but we get lots-o-tourists in the summer and fall. Ap trail nearby.Trout fishing (using a fly rod) is big up here in the Toccoa River. Bill Oyster has a shop downtown dedicated to building world class fly rods. He offers classes in that, but there is a several year wait. I never got into fishing much... hunting and golf were my main interests. All us old retired people do up here is drink and have parties (not sex parties, this ain't the Villages). LOL

2 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

To be honest, this area is a lot like NYS where I grew up. Nice mountains (bigger than the ones in Steuben), trees, critters, four distinct seasons, cool season grass, etc. We only get snow a couple of times per year... the most I have ever seen up here was 6". The people are very friendly (typical small town southern folks), but we get lots-o-tourists in the summer and fall. Ap trail nearby.Trout fishing (using a fly rod) is big up here in the Toccoa River. Bill Oyster has a shop downtown dedicated to building world class fly rods. He offers classes in that, but there is a several year wait. I never got into fishing much... hunting and golf were my main interests. All us old retired people do up here is drink and have parties (not sex parties, this ain't the Villages). LOL

well there goes Nomad's and Pygmy's visit

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

BNB, good to have you still with us! Anytime you have a question, or have something to say, just post away my friend. I still say, the vast majority of folks from this forum are really good sportsmen and people. I've met a bunch of em from all over NY, and have yet to meet one I didn't like. I'm certain if we met, I'd feel the same about you too.

• Like 2