Live from the stand 2010!

WNYBuckHunter

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haley was cold so I decided to take a walk to the back of the property with her. The wind waas in our favor and we were walking nice and slow. As we started cresting a small hill, two nice big does popped out of the oak bottom and ran up the fence line. I tried to get my gun up but they jumpped the fence and went onto some property that I have not asked permission to hunt deer on yet. I decided it was not right to take a shot even though Haley kept wanting me to. The deer stood there, broadside at 150 yards, an easy shot for my TC, as I explained to Haley why we could not take that deer. She was bummed but understands. That was a good lesson for her.

:)  a little up date from me . monday went out with my sister ( too girls ) lol  any way we are always out hunting together . she decide to try to push some deer around and wonder along the swamp to scare them to me .  >:( nothing  .she got to my right and sat down . then a bird hunter was out in the field with his dogs . well the dogs  scared them deer our way and all of a sudden it was fun time lol (not really when you hear what happens ) well my sister shot and 8 pointer on the hill he does a dead run down and into the swamp ( not no pond ) a stinky smelly swamp . we watch him go to a bog in the middle and there he died .  :(  it took us 4 fours to get him out of the swamp . the water was waist deep the mud was knee deep . we were swimming for this deer. had to get out of woods was very dark couldnt see but at least he was out of the water . still about 2 miles to truck ., but we went back next day and wheeled him out the way out . always a fun time with my sister . i better get half of that meat lol . going out again tomarrow . my sisters birthday  :P . but it is my turn to get one  ;)  will post picture as soon as she sends it to me :)

:)  a little up date from me . monday went out with my sister ( too girls ) lol  any way we are always out hunting together . she decide to try to push some deer around and wonder along the swamp to scare them to me .  >:( nothing  .she got to my right and sat down . then a bird hunter was out in the field with his dogs . well the dogs  scared them deer our way and all of a sudden it was fun time lol (not really when you hear what happens ) well my sister shot and 8 pointer on the hill he does a dead run down and into the swamp ( not no pond ) a stinky smelly swamp . we watch him go to a bog in the middle and there he died .  :(  it took us 4 fours to get him out of the swamp . the water was waist deep the mud was knee deep . we were swimming for this deer. had to get out of woods was very dark couldnt see but at least he was out of the water . still about 2 miles to truck ., but we went back next day and wheeled him out the way out . always a fun time with my sister . i better get half of that meat lol . going out again tomarrow . my sisters birthday  :P . but it is my turn to get one  ;)  will post picture as soon as she sends it to me :)

congrats....nothing like combining sports to make a fun day...hunting,,,hiking,,,swimming..lol. And it seems like it takes forever to get that swamp smell off your clothes. The only downfall of duck hunting in swamps

Culver sorry for the loss. I know how you feel. Im 15. shot my first buck the other day. Ran only 250 yards and i waited about 30 mins to track him. When i got to him all that was left was the deer that they gutted out on me, took the heart, and cut off his flat on his head with his horns. It was a big 10. Ignorant hunters took it. Talk about a kick in the balls and a stab in the heart.