Last Bite (biologic)

Grow what is your favorite bait to plant.. LOL... sorry.  Joke

What is your favorite plant or mix to plant and why.

I have 2, clover as it gives quality feed april though end of Dec dependent on snow level

and corn.   Corn gives them great carbs from Oct through end of Jan for me.

Well it depends on the season for me and other critters I want around ...but  Split
G2 is on the money for what I plant ...except I'm a mixer...I have pure stands of jumbo and aslike clover and then mixes I make of clover with small Burnett...trefoil...and alfalfa with Oasis chicory....Every year I experiment and this year it is with sainfoil (alfalfa substitute )...that was planted last week and is sprouting very nicely...so I'll see how it winters and if the deer here like it...I tried power plant this year...won't do that again..so many reasons...I will be planting hemp again next year to replace the corn...that is due to and out break of wire worm destroying this years crop...and I will buy more Quail heaven soybeans...that is because they are suppose to reseed...but only in the south...well the deer seriously HAMMERED them and the hemp...but darn if I haven't been finding dozens of those soybean plants popping up all along and in the plots...even after discing several times....I like to use grain sorghum and I also like to over seed braccs and any new fall clover plots on a winter grain...rye...wheat... I have to keep my turkey and grouse happy...besides...once in a while I'll get a couple of pheasants hanging out...I'm in checking the weather before planting a plot border in tall tines and hog radish that will end

in a small 10th acre plot of the same....hope that helps...

PS...all that and the damn deer hopped the 6ft fence and ate my garden beans...right next to the power plant plot :mda: