Goals for the 2022 Season

Splitear

I have several hunting firearms I have yet to make a kill with, each hunting season I try to get them in the field and take game to see how they perform. So my goal will be to get something in the bag with one of those virgins. I am on a single shot roll the past few years and am leaning to use my TC encore 45-70 or maybe my Dad's Winchester model 88 in 284 Win. One and done for me at this stage of the game, I will kill the first legal Deer I see getting the Deer hunting out of the way as I spend most of my time in the fall woods hunting various small game.

Al 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mike103 said:

I’m hoping that my friends and myself don’t get locked up for violating one of these new unconstitutional gun laws while hunting this year. 

Thanks for the reminder.  I need to drill holes thru the edge, on center, of a couple of cheap plastic hard cases, so that I can attach pad locks, and I should be good to go.  I picked up a bunch of those, for $1 each, at a garage sale a few years ago, so at least this nonsense won’t cost me much additional time or money.  I always follow the rules no matter how stupid they are. 

The larger case will fit two unscoped guns, so I will put my 16 gauge side by side and my fiber optic sighted Marlin 336BL 30/30 in that, and my scoped T/C Omega ML in the other, when I make my next trip up to the Adirondacks for early ML thru opening weekend of gun.

I was going to also bring up my old sidekick carbine ML for backup and in case it rains.  It has fiber optic sights, which I prefer over a scope in the rain.  I guess I will need to leave that home, unless a ML does not fall under the “must be locked in case” category, like other firearms.  

If it does, then I will bring up my smaller crossbow for backup.  That certainly can’t be classified as a firearm, even though NY sort of classifies it as a ML, as far as deer hunting goes.  

• Like 1

Now that I'm up at my house full time I won't be pressured by the low amount of days to hunt. I've been pretty 

lucky on this property harvesting 2.5 year old nice bucks. Just like the two I got last year. I want to make it a point that I harvest a mature doe and wait iit out for that bigger buck 3.5 or better. That is my goal. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Thanks for the reminder.  I need to drill holes thru the edge, on center, of a couple of cheap plastic hard cases, so that I can attach pad locks, and I should be good to go.  I picked up a bunch of those, for $1 each, at a garage sale a few years ago, so at least this nonsense won’t cost me much additional time or money.  I always follow the rules no matter how stupid they are. 

The larger case will fit two unscoped guns, so I will put my 16 gauge side by side and my fiber optic sighted Marlin 336BL 30/30 in that, and my scoped T/C Omega ML in the other, when I make my next trip up to the Adirondacks for early ML thru opening weekend of gun.

I was going to also bring up my old sidekick carbine ML for backup and in case it rains.  It has fiber optic sights, which I prefer over a scope in the rain.  I guess I will need to leave that home, unless a ML does not fall under the “must be locked in case” category, like other firearms.  

If it does, then I will bring up my smaller crossbow for backup.  That certainly can’t be classified as a firearm, even though NY sort of classifies it as a ML, as far as deer hunting goes.  

Don’t forget to get written permission from every landowner you hunt on. If you trespass with a firearm you will charged with a felony and loose your guns.