Gift to get someone who has everything?

blackradio

I'm dating a girl from Slovakia and I'm visiting her in 3 weeks. We are going to a wedding of her friends, and the groom (whom I've met once and got along with great) is a big hunter and has an amazing cabin and has seemingly everything. I'd like to get him a gift for their wedding and since we have hunting in common, it'd be cool to bring him something to do with hunting from America, which he has never been. I know it's a long shot but, any ideas?

Im thinking a good, made in America, hunting knife. He might have a bunch of good knives, but if you can get a hold of a good USA Buck knife or, even better, a like new Camillus (no longer made) with the box...You  R the man. If all else fails.......booze???

• Like 1

I'm dating a girl from Slovakia and I'm visiting her in 3 weeks. We are going to a wedding of her friends, and the groom (whom I've met once and got along with great) is a big hunter and has an amazing cabin and has seemingly everything. I'd like to get him a gift for their wedding and since we have hunting in common, it'd be cool to bring him something to do with hunting from America, which he has never been. I know it's a long shot but, any ideas?

I hope she shaves! You know those Europeans  :)  Joking

• Like 2

A custom knife would be a good idea although most people I know and hunt with don't appreciate them.  I've given a couple away and the look in their eyes tells me all I needed to know...........................

Or there's cuff links.......<grin>

Nice higher end leather rifle sling; like a Murray A-1.

Surefire flashlight and a couple 12 packs of 123A batteries.

Some damn good Mouflon hunting in Slovakia and Roe deer is now open and when you are going.......just sayin'.

Been trying to find a Roe hunt in eastern Slovakia for a couple years with limited success. Czech Republic has a better set up for visiting hunters.....but someday. Trying to find a hunt in the general region where my grandfather hunted as a youth.

Bratislava is supposed to have some good eats....have a fun trip.

• Like 1

Nice higher end leather rifle sling; like a Murray A-1.

Surefire flashlight and a couple 12 packs of 123A batteries.

Some damn good Mouflon hunting in Slovakia and Roe deer is now open and when you are going.......just sayin'.

Been trying to find a Roe hunt in eastern Slovakia for a couple years with limited success. Czech Republic has a better set up for visiting hunters.....but someday. Trying to find a hunt in the general region where my grandfather hunted as a youth.

Bratislava is supposed to have some good eats....have a fun trip.

Good idea on the Surefire.  I have an L1 that I got about 8 or 9 years ago and it is wonderful for hunting.  Only takes one 123 battery and it really is a winner.

thanks for the suggestions, I like the flashlight and nice sling idea. I'll have to do some research.

Dinsdale, after the wedding, he, his brother and his friends will take me hunting there or in Czech Republic. Funny part will be that they speak no English at all and I know maybe 20 words in Slovak so I'll have to learn to say "don't shoot" in Slovak. I'll post a few pics of my last trip there.

Cool....

That Stag euro is a smokin' deer.

The curl on the Mouflon (between the windows in the top pic for those playing along) is top notch also.

Good stuff!

All I know is about 20 curse words; so maybe I could either get a laugh or my head bashed in.LOL

I've hunted a couple times with some language barrier. In the end every hunter is the same and you always find common ground, its why I would rather travel and hunt, than hunt at home if I always had the funds.

Hey, your girl friend have a sister? LOL

Yeah it's true about the common ground. Them and I talked and laughed (and drank spirits) for hours and it took 20 minutes to explain one little thing sometimes but it was really fun and in the end, we understood each other.

That stag is a monster. He said it was the biggest ever shot in Slovakia but you know how hunters are. It had like 18 points. Sorry, my lady has no sisters haha

post-568-0-45727400-1375324683_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackradio

I was thinking the knife would be cool but the surefire is a great gift, I love my E2D Led Defender.  I have had it for many years and the batteries are expensive but last a long time.  Truly awesome flashlight, use it 24/7/365.  That is the type of required equipment to get out of the woods in heavy fog at night IMO.