Sweeney Response Letter to me

BizCT

Lol ... this is how this subject always winds up. I think that's why people start these topics. They know it will always degenerate into name calling and personal attacks. Seems to work every time.

My response was to belo's first swing. Funny how the one that initiated the poop flinging isnt being pointed out here.

Actually, Im not surprised at all.

• Like 1

Have you ever seen something the NYB has stood for that Sweeny doesnt vote for or support? I havent. Its pretty obvious.

I havent seen anything from HSUS on the issue.

When you say he is in their pocket it sounds like you are implying they are either buying him or they are seen as a threatening voting force for his seat in LI or members of his party. With 1,000 members I find any of that hard to believe.

I don't doubt what you are saying about him guiding policy consistent with the wishes of the NYB. But in light of the above paragraph, I believe that is because in his own judgment that he agrees with the NYB's positions.

Vote em out fellas, we got the numbers.

Grisanti represents the senate district around Buffalo. The districting, Gerry-mandered or not, is supposed to be set up quote "ideally" so that each of the 63 districts represents 312,550 people. How many sportsmen out of 312,550 people in the Buffalo area are willing to vote against Grisanti, a republican, and staunch supporter of crossbow use?

Sweeney is a democrat assemblyman who represents the Long Island area. I don't know how many assembly districts we have, but each district is to "ideally" represent 128,652 people. How many sportsmen out of 128,652 people in the LI area are willing to vote against Sweeney, a staunch opponent of crossbows?

Even if it was feasible: would it be wise to vote out Sweeney considering he is from a down state district, is generally pro hunting, and is a democrat? Voting out a down state, democrat who supports hunting would be very, very foolish... And to do it over crossbows?

The Reality: We need bipartisan support for hunting and until NYC succeeds from the state, the support of down state law makers is essential... Sweeney supports hunting, is a democrat, and represents down state. Plus he chairs the assembly environmental conservation committee.

Somehow they are guiding his decisions. How? Im not going to make baseless accusations, but its pretty clear that it is happening. The guy sounds like an NYB talking head on every proposal they have anything to do with. Its hard to believe that someone actually buys into everything they do. Even belo doesnt agree with all of their stuff.

Somehow they are guiding his decisions. How? Im not going to make baseless accusations, but its pretty clear that it is happening. The guy sounds like an NYB talking head on every proposal they have anything to do with. Its hard to believe that someone actually buys into everything they do. Even belo doesnt agree with all of their stuff.

Maybe there is a pissing contest going on between a few lawmakers and they are shoving back and forth? IDK...
  • Like 1

Maybe there is a pissing contest going on between a few lawmakers and they are shoving back and forth? IDK...

Very possible. Its a prime example of why one person in particular should not hold enough power to derail things like that. Its an issue that should be given the chance to be voted on by the Assembly.

Lol ... this is how this subject always winds up. I think that's why people start these topics. They know it will always degenerate into name calling and personal attacks. Seems to work every time.

My response was to belo's first swing. Funny how the one that initiated the poop flinging isnt being pointed out here.

Actually, Im not surprised at all.

But isn't that how you work? I recall YOU calling out the ones on defense and not the offenders multiple times. Funny now that the tables have turned. Just letting you know how it feels on the short end.

PS, I do agree about the moron part.