Village mulls birth control to trim herd

fasteddie

I am thinking if the residents had to fork over for most of the funding instead of using other peoples money there would be a much different outlook. As long as communities can use or access some sort of taxpayer funds or donations then this contraceptive malarkey will go on.

Two basic rules for participating bowhunters should be passing some sort of interview & shot test, and not gut the deer in the same area.

Two basic rules for participating bowhunters should be passing some sort of interview & shot test, and not gut the deer in the same area.

3. Obtain permission to recover from all neighboring landowners prior to hunting. None of the antics portrayed on "Chasing Tail". 

I live in one of the other "on-Hudson's" and my village has been talking this same nonsense for years.

We are freakin overrun with deer in this county.  It would seem that the only place without deer are the 100 or so acres of public hunting land.  Plenty of hunters, but not hearing many success stories... At least on public land.

I need to start making friends in bedford, or north/south salem.

What these towns need to do is to introduce a few mountain lions into the neighborhood. As a side benefit, it would also eliminate stray cats and dogs. It might even thin out the human population a bit too. Now that is something all these pinko animal rights people would be sure to get behind.

What these towns need to do is to introduce a few mountain lions into the neighborhood. As a side benefit, it would also eliminate stray cats and dogs. It might even thin out the human population a bit too. Now that is something all these pinko animal rights people would be sure to get behind.

What they WILL do is to arm the police with the appropriate implement and kill enough deer to get the population to a acceptable level, via baiting and overtime pay.

What they WILL do is to arm the police with the appropriate implement and kill enough deer to get the population to a acceptable level, via baiting and overtime pay.

Which is often the best choice.

Dead deer  around swing sets, pools, flower gardens etc being trailed by a bowhunter is not always a positive thing

I have to admit that hunting should not really become a spectator sport in some urban neighborhood. Even the most careful of us occasionally mess up and that is not a real great situation when dealing with something that is as emotionally charged as these things can become to non-hunters.