Rochester, NY - PGA Championship

BizCT

I just realized the 2013 PGA Championship is in Rochester, NY at Oak Hill Country Club. Must be a crazy influx of people and $ for the city of Rochester?  Anybody going to it or working it?  Better yet, is anybody a member there? I wonder what the initiation fee & membership dues are.  I know down here in Westchester many are like $100K initiation fee and then crazy membership dues each year. I would think Oak Hill is right up there with him in prices, but where do these big $ members work near Rochester?

I could have worked it for free as a emt No thanks hate crowds not a golf fan ....

I think it's 60k to join . There are LOTS of folks with big money up,here.

Have no idea where they work ,Dr.s Lawyers,business owners ,lots of old money around here as well.

Gotta keep,in mind our housing costs are a fraction of downstate, no parking fees, restaurant costs much less, short cheap commutes and on and on. So a guy making 250k can live like a king, well maybe a prince....

I do great on far less.

Edited by Larry302

I hate Tiger Woods, always have. But what I don't get is, is the fact that he has millions of dollars, yet walks around with an ugly yellow front tooth? It makes no sense and annoys me everytime I see it.

$60k is spot on just to open the door for consideration by the panel. I believe you need to show net worth, too, but not 100% on that.

There are billionaires that belong to that club. Plenty of old and new money here.

One of my co-workers worked there year-round on the side...the stories he had were priceless. People that could light 100s on fire for fun not tipping, the women bashing and "women on the side," and so on. We would golf it for free a few times a summer when he was on shift and after the gentleman had their fill.

I work for a company which had to deliver some equipment there last week. Really nice place, but honestly inside it was disappointing as some of their stuff needs updating. The countertop of the service desk wasn't granite, it was a cheap formica. Just seemed to be an overrated rich snobby place. The railings needed a fresh coat of paint. <br /><br />Their personal gym was a joke, so outdated and lack luster. A company was there replacing a couple pieces because the tournament was there. This old lady freaked out because she couldn't use the treadmill. I was just laughing while watching.<br /><br />Here is some quick photos I snapped post-3319-13758988525842_thumb.jpgpost-3319-13758988636683_thumb.jpg<br />post-3319-13758988881284_thumb.jpg

post-3319-13758988286637_thumb.jpg

My buddy is on the board.  I think the initiation fee is $62.5k as a senior member.  Monthly dues are typical but plan $800ish if you are a regular club user.  For a high end club, its a deal since there are 2 great courses.  No net worth requirements Phade if you are interested in joining.  I am sure there are plenty of deer to be hunted on the west course.  lol  They have close to 1000 members, but only 200 or so that regularly golf.  Lots use it for entertainment and bringing clients to the course where the US open, ryder cup and PGA are played.  Larry is right, you don't need to be loaded to join, but reasonably well off.  Its no worse than buying a boat, etc.  You do need to have some connections to get in though.

Place is getting packed for the PGA.  I won't go hating both crowds and watching golf, but my friends have said it is pretty busy already.  Once actual play starts, it should be absurd.  One guy who lives next to the course I know made $7000 in prepaid parking for the week.   

They are expect 35k people a day to be on the course each day. you can definately see a change in traffic and restuarants. I love to golf but rather watch the tournament on TV where you can see everything, plus my beer and food is a lot cheaper from the fridge.

Golf is much nicer to watch on TV. This is really more a people watching and social event. Here is a taste of the prices there. 16 oz beers---Genny $7.50   Coors Light $9.00 Drink up...lol

Cheaper than a baseball game.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I just realized the 2013 PGA Championship is in Rochester, NY at Oak Hill Country Club. Must be a crazy influx of people and $ for the city of Rochester?  Anybody going to it or working it?  Better yet, is anybody a member there? I wonder what the initiation fee & membership dues are.  I know down here in Westchester many are like $100K initiation fee and then crazy membership dues each year. I would think Oak Hill is right up there with him in prices, but where do these big $ members work near Rochester?

all us inbred cousin f'ers are all amped up about the sophisticated folks comin to our town.

• Like 1

all us inbred cousin f'ers are all amped up about the sophisticated folks comin to our town.

Haha, this has disaster written all over it.  32 tooth humans getting drunk and mating with 14 tooth humans.  Now there will be 17 + 1 snaggle tooth humans across America!

• Like 2

That is what they said in the 1989 US Open and the last PGA..  Thursday scores were low and in the end, then course got even..  I would expect the same this time around.

I have been fortunate enough to play Oak Hill East 3 times...  The tee position and pin placements change the course dramatically, so they will adjust accordingly.

not surprised that some scored that low...almost perfect playing conditions for most of the day. a couple heavy down pours this morning but then light rain, no wind. afternoon again no wind and mid 70's with super soft greens. if you can hit tne fairway its like throwing darts for those guys. and if not that close the slower greens make putting a easier too. Course drains almost too well. If weather holds and course dries out the scores should be closer to par.

Golf.............oooooh....I'm all a tingle! Tried it a couple times but got funny looks when I pulled up to the places with my club bag strapped to the back of my Harley. Sweated my a$$ off, had to pull the shoes off and golf in my socks because the cleats were digging in and making my knees hurt.

Best damned part for me was discovering lots of lost balls in the pond, and I thought they were free for the taking so I loaded up for my brother who does like the silly game. I thought the other guys were just to sissy to stick their arms in the slimy water to grab all the balls just sitting there waiting for me. lol! Found out later you are supposed to leave them alone. Oops! And it's a honey hole for frogging. I knew that long before those Duck dudes made an episode about it.  

Now if they ever invent a gun that shoots a golf ball, instead of using clubs, i'm back to hitting the greens. Until then ...........four........get it!