Remember the geographic equity testimony during the budget hearing by leaders of several groups entrusted as stewards and spokesmen for all NY sportsmen. Looks like they and that lawmaker from Lake George didn't stop the Finch acquisition with the EP Fund. They did get their boat ramps in Harlem and other locations on the Hudson River too, and with a grant not tied to the conservation fund nor the environmental protection fund.

Governor Cuomo recognized the 20th anniversary of the NYS Environmental Protection Fund (EPF). The EPF offers wide ranging benefits to communities around the state and plays an important role in preserving the state’s natural resources and habitats. After years of severe funding cuts, the Governor secured and increased funding for the EPF for this year by $19 million, bringing the Fund to a total of $153 million.

Places like Boreas Mountain in the former Finch Pruyn lands in the Adirondacks (pictured) are protected, water quality improvements made, and waste management and reycling are increased through EPF funding. http://bit.ly/1bcHbOA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BuckSteady
      New hunter to NY here. Found some public land to hunt, it’s a WMA. I wish I read the regs more thoroughly because I threw up a ladder stand yesterday and today when I was re-reading them, I saw you can’t put temporary stands on WMAs, only on state forests and other such state land. I honestly didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to, I even put my name and license # on the stand. I was going to go take it down tomorrow but it’s an hour drive so I wanted to ask, what do DEC officers do if they find a ladderstand like mine on a WMA? Is this an automatic fine or whatever? Will they just call me and tell me to come get it? Confiscate? How often do officers go through areas like WMAs and check for stands? Any info would be helpful. I’ll still probably go take it down tomorrow, although I have seen other stands up on the WMA, I just prefer to stay on the right side of the law myself. Thanks!
    • By CapDistPatriot
      Southern Zone only. I don't understand why they don't include rifle, only Bow & Muzzy...

https://www.dec.ny.gov/press/121333.html
    • By nyslowhand
      Had an old copy of MS Office 2000 I was desperately hanging on to, until I recently purchased a new PC with Win10. It was in no way compatible with this version of Win and not supported by MS anymore. Anyways, couple weeks ago happened to see a web retailer selling the Home & Student 2016 version for ~$25. Yesterday when I went back to see if it was still available, no luck. BUT, did see MS Office Pro 2016 for $11.11 on ebay, new & with a legit activation code. So, if you've been looking for a gift for a middle or high school child... Sellers supplies link to download, the legit code, both within 1 day via email and guaranteed code would work or $$ back. I did buy it, downloaded, installed and activated w/o any problems! Hell, for $11 can't go wrong even with all the extra programs you might never use!
    • By Rookie1226
      Are there areas in 1C that do not require parking permits reservations etc.? Any public land you can just pull up to a trail head and get after it?

• By Rebel Darling
      Here is DEC's harvest forecast for whitetail during the 2016 hunting season:
      http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/deerforecastr4.pdf
      Interesting info...  I doubt my WMU, 4L will ever have doe tags, and it's interesting to read that DEC is concerned by possible "misuse" of the 4J doe tags.