ANyone have any luck in Region 4?

Tail_Hnt

No pictures just yet however on my property in 4F my dad took a hefty 3 pointer that firld dressed 115 lbs. (shot at 7:30 am) and my uncle took a real nice 8 pointer that field dressed 140 lbs, he was very light on the scale and I think the light weight was do in part to alot of chasing / breeding he did in the area (shot at 9:00am). Both bucks were taken on 11/21. The 8 pointer was tending four does when he got shot, an hour earlier my uncle missed a 4 pointer in the same exact spot that was with 3 does. No luck for me so far in about three days of gun hunting I saw 10 does, no bucks. Continued Good luck to all.

Here are the pictures of the 8 pointer and 3 pointer my dad and uncle took on 11/21. Also attached is the 3 pointer I took with my bow. All were taken in Otsego county, unit 4F. No luck for me yet with connecting with a buck, seen all does so far. Seems that bucks were chasing does all over my property on 11/21 and then everything after that just shut down. After the two bucks were shot we did manage to see a few doe and a 4 pointer, but no big bucks. Not too many shots fired in the area.

post-18-131455383541_thumb.jpg

post-18-131455383559_thumb.jpg

post-18-131455383577_thumb.jpg

i went up for round 2 this past weekend at my farm in 4g and i saw an absolute monster.  He caught me with my pants down.  Came in behind me downwind, i never saw him until he got to 20 yards and he busted me.  Biggest deer ive ever seen....EVER

Wow now that stinks.......that would make me sick for a long time. Best luck next time. Those big boys dont come around that often.

After hunting hard for a week, I was fortunate enough to harvest this eight pointer on Thanksgiving evening.

He was a young deer, nice big body on him.  Missed a big eight pointer during bow.  Was hoping he showed up, but started seeing him on my trail camera at 1:00 AM.  He got smart real fast.

I've seen a lot of bucks this year.  Most were small guys, ton of spikes, few fours and a small six.  This deer was too nice to pass up.

I hunt in 4Y.

post-1910-131455383595_thumb.jpg

post-1910-131455383612_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice deer. I hunt in 4F as well and haven't seen a deer that size in a long time. Congrats.

We have been fortunate to get bucks in the past of this caliber, but not with the long tine length that this buck has. I have to agree that there was only one other buck I saw that was this big or may have been even bigger, but he was on another property right along rte. 23 -that was maybe 6 or 7 years ago. They are out there, I have them on camera, but getting them on the ground is a different story all together. If you go, best of luck with ML.

Friends of mine have a camp in West Fulton, they killed 2 does the entire deer season never seeing a buck.

Consider them fortunate, I'm sure there are hunters out there that would do anything for a doe right now. Like your friends I had only seen does the enitire regular season, that is until this guy came along. You just never know. Good luck if you go with the ML.

I also hunt in 4O. I took a doe and a turkey with the bow there this year. The only decent deer I saw was a small six and that was it. It seems like there were less deer this year.  I have property off of 23 in Davenport and for a whole week of rfle I was there and the only thing that was taken was a coyote, doe and a spike.  What a very disappointing year.

• 5 months later...

i went up for round 2 this past weekend at my farm in 4g and i saw an absolute monster.  He caught me with my pants down.  Came in behind me downwind, i never saw him until he got to 20 yards and he busted me.  Biggest deer ive ever seen....EVER

where in 4g do you hunt?