Which one of you took my shooz ?

Nomad

So I wear a Merrel “ light hikers “ daily , Sat I wore them to our land to shoot and swap trail cam cards , I haven’t seen them, since ! I’ve searched the basement , first second floors, garage , patio ,vehicles ,for two days nothing . I asked Mrs Nomad if when I showed her the trail cam pics I was wearing pants ? Nope , boxers , see I was concerned about ticks so I either took,pants and shoes off in the garage or basement , pants were washed , shoes nowhere to be found .

Ive misplaced pocket knives , pocket flashlights , and reading glasses many a time , but shoes ? 90% of the time I take them off in the garage, or at the kitchen door . 

how does one lose shoes lol

11 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Did you leave them on the truck and then drive away ?

Ha wife said  that , but I didn’t drive home in socks , I forgot my Muck boots , I generally drive back and forth in the shoes and change into Mucks , so If that was the case that would be a possibility.

It’s odd

17 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Retrace your steps.....

You didn't by chance toss them in the trash?  You set them somewhere and they'll show up.......unless the garbage has already been picked up.

I couldn’t recall if I had pants on , you think I can remember my steps ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Ha wife said  that , but I didn’t drive home in socks , I forgot my Muck boots , I generally drive back and forth in the shoes and change into Mucks , so If that was the case that would be a possibility.

It’s odd

I  set a pair of tennis shoes on the tonneau cover  of my truck and forgot them .  Next day I drove to work and they  fell off . Wife found one on the corner and picked it up then found the other one a half mile a way. 

• Like 1

Ok Larry , I don’t know when you did this but they were in the garbage tote !

Daughter and son in law are on their honeymoon, and I’ve been working on their house , finishing insulation, painting , yard work . 

That coffee can had floor paint in it , so I tossed that from the bed of truck into tote , I have no idea why I tossed out those shoes .

of all the things I lost , I miss my mind the most .

C35AA95A-6AA0-4EB3-A159-E389BC5E0D4A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ok Larry , I don’t know when you did this but they were in the garbage tote !

Daughter and son in law are on their honeymoon, and I’ve been working on their house , finishing insulation, painting , yard work . 

That coffee can had floor paint in it , so I tossed that from the bed of truck into tote , I have no idea why I tossed out those shoes .

of all the things I lost , I miss my mind the most .

C35AA95A-6AA0-4EB3-A159-E389BC5E0D4A.jpeg

That’s probably the best thank you I’m gonna get I guess.   

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Getting old is tough.

I also lost shoes today.

I use a pair of sketchers on finished jobs inside and had to add some shelves on a job today. I wear merrells when outside cutting, and after coming back in, couldnt find my slip ons. I knew i wore them already. Even went back to van as i carried stuff back and forth a bit.

Owners dogs took them, found them in master bedroom, and intact! 2 rhodesian ridgebacks, i thought they'd be shreads. I think they just wanted the attention. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Retrace your steps.....

You didn't by chance toss them in the trash?  You set them somewhere and they'll show up.......unless the garbage has already been picked up.

Larry,  I lost the leather sheath for my favorite hunting knife (Schrade sharpfinger) after my New Year’s Day deer hunt.  Any idea where it might be ?

If I can’t locate it by September 10, then I’ll need carry the old Buck 110 folder that my father in law gave me.  Normally, I only use that when I hunt his place.  At least I will still be able to use the sheathless sharpfinger for skinning in the garage.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Larry,  I lost the leather sheath for my favorite hunting knife (Schrade sharpfinger) after my New Year’s Day deer hunt.  Any idea where it might be ?

If I can’t locate it by September 10, then I’ll need carry the old Buck 110 folder that my father in law gave me.  Normally, I only use that when I hunt his place.  At least I will still be able to use the sheathless sharpfinger for skinning in the garage.  

Sure, it fell behind the utility sink when you were cleaning the knife.   If not there, it fell into the trash can NEXT to the sink and is long gone.  

24 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sure, it fell behind the utility sink when you were cleaning the knife.   If not there, it fell into the trash can NEXT to the sink and is long gone.  

Reunited:

I checked by the utility sink downstairs first.  That’s where I always wash it after use.  It wasn’t there, so I went back out to the garage where I use it for skinning.  When not in use, I keep it on top of my old GE “deer fridge”.  

The last time I used it, was for skinning my New Year’s Day ML bb, around January 5th.  Apparently, it had fallen down next to the fridge.  An aluminum ladder was jammed into that space, so I couldn’t see it for the last 7 months.  I pulled out the ladder, and there  it was.  

I guess I really need to thank Nomad for loosing his shoes.  Without that and your helpful tip, I’d have been stuck hunting Wmu 9F does, with the much less preferred Buck 110, in a couple more weeks.  

7F6671AB-CDA7-4912-BF4A-3C243D47A177.thumb.jpeg.eca3bd70f4748eab5b56cebb654449a2.jpeg

9EA2CAD0-3929-44E0-8126-205C9ACC1206.thumb.jpeg.39b2fc2252d6812631f2d7aaf237efc6.jpeg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Mom always made me, "Say a prayer to St Jude" (Saint if lost causes and desperate case!)
Larry is making a move for his job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you know they named a river after me, the St Lawrence.

In my early years I worked with Scooby Do, Shaggy and the rest of the gang solving mysteries.    Mostly I was off camera though….

Im glad I could help Nomad & Wolc out.  

I’m working on your fish now Rob, gimme some time.  

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Did you know they named a river after me, the St Lawrence.

In my early years I worked with Scooby Do, Shaggy and the rest of the gang solving mysteries.    Mostly I was off camera though….

Im glad I could help Nomad & Wolc out.  

I’m working on your fish now Rob, gimme some time.  

Thanks for your blessing Larry.  Lots of the fish from “your” River recently made it to “fish heaven”, including this beauty:

0056F17F-141B-4C99-B2F8-215447C2FF2E.thumb.jpeg.f1d599d529abb0489fcc7dbdd58b0f3f.jpeg

105FE042-C27C-48BC-A6CB-2BBB1E36020D.thumb.jpeg.358fd724bff009f1955b2a9769f61e27.jpeg

• Like 1