Poetic justice for Cheney- The Traitor

2 hours ago, left field said:

The first step to political recovery is admitting you were wrong. I'm here for you, buddy.

I don’t know if id go that far left ( get it ? Lol) Lefty , my friend , but I do see you’re point and concede that I was certainly a little over the top in my rhetoric . You have me there , Sir :) . 

1 hour ago, virgil said:

So, you’re celebrating her downfall because you’re an advocate for the people of Wyoming, and not because you’re a Trump fanboy?

Virg , you got me there Baby !! I think you’re right ; I’m celebrating her downfall cuz I’m a Trump fanboy AMD ALSO , because I truly believe that what she did was wrong and she was selling out her party and her constituents . May I, in turn , askyou something : are you a big Liz Cheney supporter now BECAUSE she hates Trump or because you agree with her policy positions ( or maybe both )? 

14 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Virg , you got me there Baby !! I think you’re right ; I’m celebrating her downfall cuz I’m a Trump fanboy AMD ALSO , because I truly believe that what she did was wrong and she was selling out her party and her constituents . May I, in turn , askyou something : are you a big Liz Cheney supporter now BECAUSE she hates Trump or because you agree with her policy positions ( or maybe both )? 

I’m not a fan of hers- she’s too conservative for me. But, I do admire her principles. 

• Like 2

She went against her party and more importantly, against the people she was supposed to represent.

She headed up the Jan 6th Trump inquisition as a representative of a state that voted over 70% for Trump, So should we be shocked that she lost by 30% ?

I don't think she's a traitor, I think that she lost her way and the Dems took advantage of her.

Now she'll be paraded around on the Lib talk show's and then thrown into the trash heap after the Dems have no more use of her.

It's sad, but when you deal with the Dem's, you should be prepared for the worst.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A party is a machine of political convenience - stand together and we can vote and enact political change. The great failing of the current system is the binary approach we have. Namely, us or them. 

Adherence to a political party is superseded by the oath of office: loyalty to the country and rule of law. That oath include the line ... "defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic ...". 

"Domestic" is a very smart inclusion. It recognizes that threats can just as easily come from within and warns future generations to be vigilant against just such an attack. And it literally tells the person reciting those words that they must put all other loyalties aside for country.

Cheney's position is that Trump is a domestic enemy of the US (Jan 6 proved that to be true) and she was compelled to defend her country. This is the kind of person that should be in office, not the lickspittles we currently have. 

Remember that the majority of republicans that support Trump do so because it is politically expedient. When it is no longer convenient they will shift to another. That is a crime of character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know a Republican politician isn't a conservative when the leftists on this site defend her.

Cheney is part of a "Never Trump" political family that has a ton of skeletons in their closet.  Trump scares the hell out of them because he vowed to expose all of the corruption that has become the norm in Washington, DC, and Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz are doing everything they can to keep him out of the White House again.

This is why Wyoming voters tossed her.  They have come to understand exactly what she has been doing and see her as a threat to America, not a patriot.  She has never supported Trump, or any of his policies.  She's been working against him, and all of the voters in Wyoming, since Trump was elected.

She will not be the last "Never Trump RINO" to be tossed out by the GOP.  This is a purge of faux conservatives that has been coming for a long time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, left field said:

A party is a machine of political convenience - stand together and we can vote and enact political change. The great failing of the current system is the binary approach we have. Namely, us or them. 

Adherence to a political party is superseded by the oath of office: loyalty to the country and rule of law. That oath include the line ... "defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic ...". 

"Domestic" is a very smart inclusion. It recognizes that threats can just as easily come from within and warns future generations to be vigilant against just such an attack. And it literally tells the person reciting those words that they must put all other loyalties aside for country.

Cheney's position is that Trump is a domestic enemy of the US (Jan 6 proved that to be true) and she was compelled to defend her country. This is the kind of person that should be in office, not the lickspittles we currently have. 

Remember that the majority of republicans that support Trump do so because it is politically expedient. When it is no longer convenient they will shift to another. That is a crime of character.

I concur (well, except the andti Trump lickspittle rehetoric) , but would you also agree that the following individuals also showed courage in putting Principles/Personal convictions over party fealty and should be commended for it?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-new-jersey-representative-who-switched-parties-criticizes-radical-democrats

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/left-tulsi-gabbard/

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You know a Republican politician isn't a conservative when the leftists on this site defend her.

Cheney is part of a "Never Trump" political family that has a ton of skeletons in their closet.  Trump scares the hell out of them because he vowed to expose all of the corruption that has become the norm in Washington, DC, and Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz are doing everything they can to keep him out of the White House again.

This is why Wyoming voters tossed her.  They have come to understand exactly what she has been doing and see her as a threat to America, not a patriot.  She has never supported Trump, or any of his policies.  She's been working against him, and all of the voters in Wyoming, since Trump was elected.

She will not be the last "Never Trump RINO" to be tossed out by the GOP.  This is a purge of faux conservatives that has been coming for a long time.

She voted with Trump 93% of the time.  Trump and his sycophants require complete capitulation.

This is an example, I believe of what concerns me about Cheney and her motives for undermining President Trump; the fact is that she never liked him , same as her Father , primarily due to his foreign policy positions.  Im afraid THIS is what motivated her and NOT Principle, Duty, Patriotism or any other noble sounding inducements.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/elizabeth-cheney-never-trumper-gop-war-hawk/2019/09/12/id/932443/

• Like 3

Now why would the Cheney family not like Trump before he was president as well....hmmm....can't put my finger on it .... Oh wait I can, there it is. Lol

Just poking fun here north country..... As I've said I didn't like Trump before hand and he actually surprised me a lot in office by the things he did, but in my eyes he still did plenty I don't like that I can't ignore. 02e77929337a2327d440f26f6e51bf8b.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Completely disagree and unproductive commentary , to boot.  To many of us, your description of Paul fits Cheney perfectly ( as well as most demoscrats :)).

39 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Now why would the Cheney family not like Trump before he was president as well....hmmm....can't put my finger on it .... Oh wait I can, there it is. Lol

Just poking fun here north country..... As I've said I didn't like Trump before hand and he actually surprised me a lot in office by the things he did, but in my eyes he still did plenty I don't like that I can't ignore. 02e77929337a2327d440f26f6e51bf8b.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Maybe- or, because of this:

https://www.timesexaminer.com/political/10129-glenn-greenwald-goes-to-town-on-why-dick-and-liz-cheney-hate-trump-so-much

• Like 1

North, you do understand that Cheney would vote in ways that would please you more than Trump? You get that right? I am disappointed that you put personality over country.

The republican party is lost. Hell, the entire system may be beyond redemption.

I am now considering Finland where the political scandals are more to my taste.

Edited by left field
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, left field said:

First, Rand Paul is a disingenuous duplicitous asshat. 

Second ... there is no second.

Let me start by saying that I do not agree with that statement. but let me finish by saying I laughed my a$$ off and I appreciate your sense of humor even if we don't agree on politics.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Lots of reasons to dislike him even before his presidantial announcement.  Im hoping you even had some misforgivings on some of those.  Esp the interaction wiht the Clintons.  Trump sometimes remides me of a quote by philosopher Andrew Dice Clay - "some people play hard to get, i play hard to want".  

25 minutes ago, left field said:

North, you do understand that Cheney would vote in ways that would please you more than Trump? You get that right? I am disappointed that you put personality over country.

The republican party is lost. Hell, the entire system may be beyond redemption.

I am now considering Finland where the political scandals are more to my taste.

Wait: Youre disppointed that I put personality over country? Really? And who , praytell, is more abrasive and irascible than Donald J. Trump?? I have said -repeatedly, mind you- on here that personally, I probably would not like Trump very much in person; however, that is TOTALLY irrelevant to me . Whats important are his policies and his level of competence while President.  The fasct is, that Trump SMOKED while Presdient and I want more of it!! Now, in regards to Cheney, personally, I liked her PRIOR to Jan 6th , but after that rdisplay of repugnant egregious conduct, no longer , Im afraid. 

To be honest, I was actually a bit disappointed in the followup post to your previous  brilliant missive regarding the inherent problems with political parties -putting loyalty to party before duty and all that which was dead-on and I agreed with 100%. But then you lowered yourself by resorting to an ad hominem attack against Rand Paul. Cmon now

Lefty, youre WAY better than that!! No one, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOONE writes better than you on here and you dont have to do that!! Keep it clean and respectable and youll convince alot more folks as opposed to stooping to zesty exchanges of insulting repartee. Think about what I'm saying :) .

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Lots of reasons to dislike him even before his presidantial announcement.  Im hoping you even had some misforgivings on some of those.  Esp the interaction wiht the Clintons.  Trump sometimes remides me of a quote by philosopher Andrew Dice Clay - "some people play hard to get, i play hard to want".  

And Did his known association with the Clintons prior to '16 prevent you from voting for him then, honestly now?

6 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Wait: Youre disppointed that I put personality over country? Really? And who , praytell, is more abrasive and irascible than Donald J. Trump?? I have said -repeatedly, mind you- on here that personally, I probably would not like Trump very much in person; however, that is TOTALLY irrelevant to me . Whats important are his policies and his level of competence while President.  The fasct is, that Trump SMOKED while Presdient and I want more of it!! Now, in regards to Cheney, personally, I liked her PRIOR to Jan 6th , but after that rdisplay of repugnant egregious conduct, no longer , Im afraid. 

To be honest, I was actually a bit disappointed in the followup post to your previous  brilliant missive regarding the inherent problems with political parties -putting loyalty to party before duty and all that which was dead-on and I agreed with 100%. But then you lowered yourself by resorting to an ad hominem attack against Rand Paul. Cmon now

Lefty, youre WAY better than that!! No one, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOONE writes better than you on here and you dont have to do that!! Keep it clean and respectable and youll convince alot more folks as opposed to stooping to zesty exchanges of insulting repartee. Think about what I'm saying :) .

nobody is convincing anybody on here,that is a fact.

41 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i didnt vote for him then or now. So yes that is just one of the reasons.   As we have discussed before i wont ever compromise my own principals for any reason whatsoever. I dont and have never felt he is fit to the president of the United States. That also includes Biden as well. 

Biden is as lame as Trump was offensive. Both less than stellar choices. I am looking at Sweden for an escape from chaos.

Edited by BowmanMike

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i didnt vote for him then or now. So yes that is just one of the reasons.   As we have discussed before i wont ever compromise my own principals for any reason whatsoever. I dont and have never felt he is fit to the president of the United States. That also includes Biden as well. 

I could have sworn you told us before that you voted for Trump the first time around at least; maybe even the second.