Poetic justice for Cheney- The Traitor

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

You know,maybe you are right.  I think @Shoots100has really been moving further left lately...

I did move left, to hold the door for my wife, then I moved to the right again.

I'm a socially conscience Conservative, meaning that I understand we need to help the helpless(mostly misled democrats), but be fiscally responsible in doing that, meaning we shouldn't bankrupt the country trying to help the helpless.

It's like pulling up to a shipwreck with your boat to save people, then sinking it by saving to many people.

That's what's happening to the SS America now and people like Cheney are only adding to the pile.

Liz Cheney will be fine.  The Cheney family is rich thanks to her father former Vice-President Dick "Draft Dodger" Cheney. Dick Cheney orchestrated the war on terror to make money for the war profiteer, the Cheney's included. 

How many Cheney family members served in the war on terror?

• Like 1

The divide in this country is unavoidable when ideologies are polar opposites.

The desire to find common ground is perfectly normal when the disputes are perfectly normal. But we're not talking about marginal tax rates or trade policy.

How are we supposed to find common ground with those attacking the freedom of speech? Do we give up free speech on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Should we compromise the right to be free from unreasonable searches and allow the government to enter our homes whenever it demands? ... The search for common ground is not an appropriate response to a brazen attack on our God-given liberties. Compromising in such circumstances will only make it more likely that we lose those liberties.

16 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

You know,maybe you are right.  I think @Shoots100has really been moving further left lately...

If that is true, then whats the sense in discussing it unless youre trying to persuade others that youre POV is the correct one? No, it is possible to persuade others; IF they are open to taking in new information and adjusting their positions, that is. But youre certainly NOT going to persuade others via namecalling and personal attacks-thats for sure!!

31 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

If that is true, then whats the sense in discussing it unless youre trying to persuade others that youre POV is the correct one? No, it is possible to persuade others; IF they are open to taking in new information and adjusting their positions, that is. But youre certainly NOT going to persuade others via namecalling and personal attacks-thats for sure!!

How about with bumper stickers, T-shirts, FJB flags/signs/etc., hats, etc. etc. ?  Are those intended to reduce the divide?

Also, you might want to check the title of this thread (the one you started) before taking a stand on name calling.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, virgil said:

How about with bumper stickers, T-shirts, FJB flags/signs/etc., hats, etc. etc. ?  Are those intended to reduce the divide?

Also, you might want to check the title of this thread (the one you started) before taking a stand on name calling.

Calling someone a traitor is not the same as calling them an Asshat Virg- you know better than that , don’t you ?

10 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

And who’s displaying Hats , bumper stickers and tshirts ? 

11 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Calling someone a traitor is not the same as calling them an Asshat Virg- you know better than that , don’t you ?

Right, being a traitor is punishable by death.

If you haven't noticed all the hats, shirts, flags, bumper stickers, etc. over the past few years, i don't know what to tell you.

9 minutes ago, virgil said:

Right, being a traitor is punishable by death.

If you haven't noticed all the hats, shirts, flags, bumper stickers, etc. over the past few years, i don't know what to tell you.

Are you saying that I should take personal owner ship then when others display MAGA signs , wear hats or T-shirts , etc? Collective guilt ? 

Also , you mentioned the display of “flags” as an additional example of an insulting inflammatory act- what flag are you referring to ? Surely not the Stars and Stripes , correct as that is the symbol of our nation and should be revered by ALL of us , Repubs and Dems alike - right ?

32 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

It's worse, North. 

Definition of asshat

: a stupid, annoying, or detestable person

Definition of traitor

1: one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty

2: one who commits treason

I can list any number of times that Rand Paul was stupid, annoying and detestable. Can you point out Liz Cheney committing treason?

3 minutes ago, left field said:

It's worse, North. 

Definition of asshat

: a stupid, annoying, or detestable person

Definition of traitor

1: one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty

2: one who commits treason

I can list any number of times that Rand Paul was stupid, annoying and detestable. Can you point out Liz Cheney committing treason?

That’s your opinion Lefty and is subjective , not objective - there is a difference.In contrast , being called traitor can be either proven or disproven In A court of law in order to ascertain the veracity of the claim, right or not . The definition of Asshat which you provided , IMHO, fits MANY of the leading Dems in government today , but will it do any good to specifically name those individuals ? Will it further our discussion and lead to a more robust debate ? You know that answer ….

Just now, Northcountryman said:

That’s your opinion Lefty and is subjective , not objective - there is a difference.In contrast , being called traitor can be either proven or disproven In A court of law in order to ascertain the veracity of the claim, right or not . The definition of Asshat which you provided , IMHO, fits MANY of the leading Dems in government today , but will it do any good to specifically name those individuals ? Will it further our discussion and lead to a more robust debate ? You know that answer ….

And for the record , I think stand Paul’s a cool dude :) 

5 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I'm pretty sure it's objective, in that everyone thinks Paul is an ass. Hell, his neighbour tackled him because Paul was an ass when to came to mowing his lawn. It's similar to the way that everyone hates Cruz. That's not subjective ... everyone detests Cruz. Even Cruz himself looks into a mirror once in a while and says, "you're a dick."

4 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

And for the record , I think stand Paul’s a cool dude :) 

Stand Paul, sure. But his brother Rand is an ass. 

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, diplomat019 said:

Why did George Soros allow her to lose?  Think about that!   What doesn’t Soros want with the new candidate that he couldnt get with her?   Soros and the rabid left want her out, thats why they didnt let her win.  Open your eyes people!

LIONS NOT SHEEP!

While the Democrats were "rigging" the POTUS election, how did they not end up with 60 seats in the Senate?

Edited by wildcat junkie

21 minutes ago, left field said:

I'm pretty sure it's objective, in that everyone thinks Paul is an ass. Hell, his neighbour tackled him because Paul was an ass when to came to mowing his lawn. It's similar to the way that everyone hates Cruz. That's not subjective ... everyone detests Cruz. Even Cruz himself looks into a mirror once in a while and says, "you're a dick."

Stand Paul, sure. But his brother Rand is an ass. 

well ,  youd be wrong then cuz it aint !! Cruz and Paul are both studs in my book!! In contrast , i would argue the other way aboutmany proninent Dems - come on Lefty- impress me and name a few Dem Asshats!! There is a vast pool of cabdidates to select from -  trust me!! 

7 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

well ,  youd be wrong then cuz it aint !! Cruz and Paul are both studs in my book!! In contrast , i would argue the other way aboutmany proninent Dems - come on Lefty- impress me and name a few Dem Asshats!! There is a vast pool of cabdidates to select from -  trust me!! 

NCM, since we're on the topic of being objective, you call a lot of other men "studs". I'm just curious what your definition is for that. Not trying to pick on you, but I'm just not used to hearing anyone throw that term around so much as a superlative. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Splitear said:

NCM, since we're on the topic of being objective, you call a lot of other men "studs". I'm just curious what your definition is for that. Not trying to pick on you, but I'm just not used to hearing anyone throw that term around so much as a superlative. 

Apt synonyms for stud = cool, awesome , individuals I aspire to emulate , etc- good enough ? 

8 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Of course , you don’t have a problem with my selective usage of that term for other guys on occasion , correct?