Poetic justice for Cheney- The Traitor

Is it Donald Trump they don't like or is it what he stands for?

Some anti-Trump Republicans are showing their objection to the former president to be much more broad than the man. Recently polling indicates that if Trump does not run in 2024, current Florida Governor Ron DeSantis would take the lead for Republican voters.

Given this scenario, would anti-Trump Republicans like the just defeated Liz Cheney throw their support behind DeSantis? Her answer says it all: "I think that Ron DeSantis has lined himself up almost entirely with Donald Trump, and I think that's very dangerous." She "would find it very difficult" to support him. Ironically, for the anti-Trump Republicans, their best bet at seeing someone other than Trump win the GOP primary might end up being DeSantis. However, for many of them, like the abysmal Lincoln Project "Republicans," their real problem with Trump was ultimately not with the man but with what he represents — the anti-establishment, America First agenda.

While asserting moral superiority, these anti-Trump Republicans spent years castigating those Republicans and conservatives for voting for such a flawed man, claiming that their primary objection to him was that he was unfit for office. Yet that objection rings hollow when presented with an alternative like DeSantis, who has none of the moral failures of Trump but is equally rejected with the lame argument that he is too close to Trump.

Maybe it was never Trump the man that most upset these never-Trumpers; rather it was what he stood against — the elitist bureaucratic swamp that Washington has become.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, diplomat019 said:

We can but upstate NY refuses to vote.

THIS is the time ALL of upstate HAS to vote... Look what Hochal just did with these Stupid Gun rules... and "Gun Free" areas.... To me... Gun free areas are only gun free from good people... Criminals will still have them... easy pickings!   SAD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric J said:

THIS is the time ALL of upstate HAS to vote... Look what Hochal just did with these Stupid Gun rules... and "Gun Free" areas.... To me... Gun free areas are only gun free from good people... Criminals will still have them... easy pickings!   SAD.

I think there is a bigger hurdle for the Republicans in November. I know people who voted in 2016 & 2020 that voted Republican. With the Republicans stance on abortions around the country and some states signing laws against abortions they will lose that vote. After seeing the results of some primary votes In the state and the country I think midterm elections are going to be a lot harder for the Republicans than they think. I am hoping I am wrong because we definitely need a change at the top in this state. 

On 8/19/2022 at 4:59 PM, diplomat019 said:

2014 NY had a legit chance to vote republican.  500k decided the vote.   Thats very thin.  Where was everyone?  To say that nyc and all the democrats carry this state is not true. People outside on nyc need to get out to vote. 

FB322884-5310-44B0-9D3B-A57ACE317CD3.png

Too many Upstaters just riding ATV's and drinking 40's.... Too many just don't Care... :(

On 8/24/2022 at 5:52 AM, Grouse said:

Is it Donald Trump they don't like or is it what he stands for?

Some anti-Trump Republicans are showing their objection to the former president to be much more broad than the man. Recently polling indicates that if Trump does not run in 2024, current Florida Governor Ron DeSantis would take the lead for Republican voters.

Given this scenario, would anti-Trump Republicans like the just defeated Liz Cheney throw their support behind DeSantis? Her answer says it all: "I think that Ron DeSantis has lined himself up almost entirely with Donald Trump, and I think that's very dangerous." She "would find it very difficult" to support him. Ironically, for the anti-Trump Republicans, their best bet at seeing someone other than Trump win the GOP primary might end up being DeSantis. However, for many of them, like the abysmal Lincoln Project "Republicans," their real problem with Trump was ultimately not with the man but with what he represents — the anti-establishment, America First agenda.

While asserting moral superiority, these anti-Trump Republicans spent years castigating those Republicans and conservatives for voting for such a flawed man, claiming that their primary objection to him was that he was unfit for office. Yet that objection rings hollow when presented with an alternative like DeSantis, who has none of the moral failures of Trump but is equally rejected with the lame argument that he is too close to Trump.

Maybe it was never Trump the man that most upset these never-Trumpers; rather it was what he stood against — the elitist bureaucratic swamp that Washington has become.

I would bet you any Republican that became popular like trump would get the same treatment it wouldn't make a difference who it was they don't like that he is  so popular.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

Sipping' 40s (especially Old English and MGDs) is more of a downstate thing I would think! Please don't ask me how I know!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In college we found a bodega in white plains that sold to us.  St ides were the beverage of choice.  I cringe thinking about the taste of them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...