North American 29 with Bow

BizCT

I think his bank account is a bigger accomplishment in all seriousness. I am sure it took alot of work, planning, prep and practice, but to have north of a half million dollars to do this....well, you done well in other areas of your life too.

He listed the King Ranch for his whitetail for example. Not exactly your run of the mill outfitter or public land spike. Had a drop tine, too.

Kudos to him.

• Like 1

I think his bank account is a bigger accomplishment in all seriousness. I am sure it took alot of work, planning, prep and practice, but to have north of a half million dollars to do this....well, you done well in other areas of your life too.
He listed the King Ranch for his whitetail for example. Not exactly your run of the mill outfitter or public land spike. Had a drop tine, too.
Kudos to him.

For sure. I think he said around $500K if he had no skunked trips but then another $185K on redo’s. So $685K. but someone else did the math and today it would be double or triple that.

Makes me think about opening a pizza place!

Lots of long bow shots though he made in the 70-100yd range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I enjoyed reading that thread. I've also read Gary Bogner's  and Chuck Adams book on NA 29, which I enjoyed.  For the amount of money they spent I think I could of had a lot more fun and done a lot more hunts that I would of enjoyed. I listened to a podcast Tom Miranda did, came away with the fact it was work for him and he did it to help him make money.

• Like 1

I enjoyed reading that thread. I've also read Gary Bogner's  and Chuck Adams book on NA 29, which I enjoyed.  For the amount of money they spent I think I could of had a lot more fun and done a lot more hunts that I would of enjoyed. I listened to a podcast Tom Miranda did, came away with the fact it was work for him and he did it to help him make money.

Yea, there’s certain species I have zero interest in hunting (muskox, polar bear, all the caribous, the other types of elk/moose, etc. ).

And then other ones I’d love to hunt but can’t justify the $ to do (Sheep, Grizzly, Brown Bear)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phade said:

Kudos to him.

Its the Carmen Island Desert Bighorn that could be eye opening.

Also hunted Polar Bear after 2009. That means he had to leave the hide in Canada. I’ve done a couple hunts where I didnt get to bring anything home about the same cost. But no one gets to export on those hunts and you know going in; but thinking that anyone else who hunts Polar Bear from anywhere else in the world can get their trophy home, and you can’t because of USFW, really grinds.

• Like 1

I tried looking up how many Levi has of the 29. Of course the thread immediately goes into everyone saying they could do it if they had the money . Jealousy and delusion, he shot one of his sheep over 100 yards,I don't care how much money you have ,it won't help you make that shot.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I tried looking up how many Levi has of the 29. Of course the thread immediately goes into everyone saying they could do it if they had the money . Jealousy and delusion, he shot one of his sheep over 100 yards,I don't care how much money you have ,it won't help you make that shot.

get closer

Ever watch his show on the outdoor channel? He and his wife make and take some of the worst bow shots I've ever seen. Just because you can shoot 80 yards with a bow doesn't mean you should. Animals move and load up when they hear the bow go off (jumping the string). Shooting those distances just isn't a good idea on a live animal. Maybe an elk with a bigger kill zone but not whitetail. They shot deer in the ass, guts etc. One episode they get a gun and hunt it for a day or two to finish it. Now bad shots occur esp when bow hunting but they had so many and took such bad shots it was terrible, shots they have no business in taking imo.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ever watch his show on the outdoor channel? He and his wife make and take some of the worst bow shots I've ever seen. Just because you can shoot 80 yards with a bow doesn't mean you should. Animals move and load up when they hear the bow go off (jumping the string). Shooting those distances just isn't a good idea on a live animal. Maybe an elk with a bigger kill zone but not whitetail. They shot deer in the ass, guts etc. One episode they get a gun and hunt it for a day or two to finish it. Now bad shots occur esp when bow hunting but they had so many and took such bad shots it was terrible, shots they have no business in taking imo.

Him or his wife? 

Its the Carmen Island Desert Bighorn that could be eye opening.
Also hunted Polar Bear after 2009. That means he had to leave the hide in Canada. I’ve done a couple hunts where I didnt get to bring anything home about the same cost. But no one gets to export on those hunts and you know going in; but thinking that anyone else who hunts Polar Bear from anywhere else in the world can get their trophy home, and you can’t because of USFW, really grinds.

In the taxidermy posts he noted he is getting a replica of the polar bear. I assume to your point he couldn’t bring it back

Gross, I wonder how he goes from winning everything to shooting deer in the ass.
Cause animals move targets don't. But I would guess it's mostly overconfidence. Obviously an amazing archer maybe the goat but as we all know on a lesser scale, shooting a deer and a target is a different game.

I watch a lot of outdoor shows and was really taken back by how many bad shots they took.

Agree. This pizza guy shot several 70-90 yards. Sometimes you just can’t get any closer

After getting 29… He shoulda shot a wolf too!

Never made sense why a mountain Lion is big game but wolf isn’t. But if you look at the sheet the wolf can now be used to replace one of the caribou hunts that no longer exist like walrus and jaguar

37 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Never made sense why a mountain Lion is big game but wolf isn’t. But if you look at the sheet the wolf can now be used to replace one of the caribou hunts that no longer exist like walrus and jaguar

Yea that’s what I’m talking about.  Wolfs there as auxiliary.  I don’t think anyone can kill jaguars and only some native people can hunt walrus.  Shoulda shot a wolf!!