Best Hunting tools

alozcarney

I wouldn’t walk into the woods without binoculars.   
Only time I do is when i have my rangefinder that's 6x and im bowhunting. Still they're in the truck and definitely way better for low light. Even in timber or cover when theyre close, optics give you a better view of what you're looking at.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I never used binoculars much for hunting, but I think I am going to carry my grandma’s old 7x35 Tasco, that she use to watch birds with, during the early September antlerless season.  

I bought the old Bushnell 10 x 50 many years ago, and they no longer focus clearly.  The Tascos are crystal clear, but were lacking a lanyard.  Now I am good to go:

83E2BCD1-94C4-494F-93C7-B71468229363.thumb.jpeg.6346afb463a8b1f7ce740de77e8cf1e3.jpeg

I don’t think they would hold up to cold weather hunting conditions, but they should be fine in mid September. 

Edited by wolc123

On 8/18/2022 at 6:19 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

My chest freezer pisses me off- hate digging thru the damn thing to find what I want. I need an upright but not willing to spend the $ when I already have a freezer now. But I bitch about that freezer every damn time. I even have different items sorted in bags in there and it's still a Pita.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Rob, take some stiff pieces of styrofoam and section off the inside of it.  And label each bay to show what goes where…..venison, beef/chicken, meat for sauce, fish, etc.  Helps keep it organized.  

• Like 1

Rob, take some stiff pieces of styrofoam and section off the inside of it.  And label each bay to show what goes where…..venison, beef/chicken, meat for sauce, fish, etc.  Helps keep it organized.  
My chest freezer is basically for wildgame. I have different things in bags and labeled. "Fish '22", "Prime venison", "Venison burgers", etc. But always seems like what I want is in the bottom bag of 15 different bags. Lol.

It's not a huge one either but does hold a years worth of walleye, 2.5 processed deer and some homemade sausage. Hoping it also holds 8-10 ducks too!

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk