Cancooker

ridgerunner88

50 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

got one and use it at least once a summer.  i would say they are limited to a few dishes but i love a good boil with them.  Salt potatoes, onions, carrots, sausage, corn yum. 57d49a7e6b52fd5f5302ac22ea07267e.jpg

That looks delicious and I went ahead and ordered one. I wanna cook for everyone on my muzzleloader camping trip in October and it looked like a pretty convenient and effective method, might just go ahead and steal your recipe above lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ridgerunner88 said:

That looks delicious and I went ahead and ordered one. I wanna cook for everyone on my muzzleloader camping trip in October and it looked like a pretty convenient and effective method, might just go ahead and steal your recipe above lol. 

i used it most every year for our annual fishing trip in the Dacks.  I put in a can of Mtn Dew with the potatoes, onions and carrots and some roasted garlic seasoning, let it cook for 20 min then add in the (precooked) sausage and corn for about 10 minutes.  Pour it all into a big foil pan and everyone helps themselves.  Ive also added in Shrimp over it tossed in Cajun seasoning over the top in the last 5 minutes.  I also usually have metled butter with a little Franks Hot sauce for everyone to put over.  Even made this for a few Jamokes on this site when they were out to fish and stayed at Verona beach.  

Easy to do, feeds a bunch and goes great with beers. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

Same, we use it to boil for the most part. Clean up can be a pain if the stuff burns. You can use it for alot more, but I've mostly ever seen people use it for boils. 

We do the same recipe, carrots, potatoes, onions, sausage peppers, etc. and Mountain Dew. Comes out good.

• Like 2

i used it most every year for our annual fishing trip in the Dacks.  I put in a can of Mtn Dew with the potatoes, onions and carrots and some roasted garlic seasoning, let it cook for 20 min then add in the (precooked) sausage and corn for about 10 minutes.  Pour it all into a big foil pan and everyone helps themselves.  Ive also added in Shrimp over it tossed in Cajun seasoning over the top in the last 5 minutes.  I also usually have metled butter with a little Franks Hot sauce for everyone to put over.  Even made this for a few Jamokes on this site when they were out to fish and stayed at Verona beach.  
Easy to do, feeds a bunch and goes great with beers. 

Mountain Dew?!? Not knocking it as your dish looks fantastic but that caught me off guard.
I go beer in my boil...like regular beer(Bud or High Life if I'm feeling generous!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Mountain Dew?!? Not knocking it as your dish looks fantastic but that caught me off guard.
I go beer in my boil...like regular beer(Bud or High Life if I'm feeling generous!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beer is for drinking with it, but good point might try it. The sweet from the Dew seems to work well with the carrots and corn. Also have used apple juice and that was good.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

do you guys have the big one or the junior size? 
I have the smaller one and I bought the large one as a gift and have also used it. If buying one I would go with the large. It might be overkill sometimes but at least it's avail if you want it for a bigger group.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 2