Pizza

MPHunter

Spumoni Gardens is Brooklyn makes "squares" that neither of you should ever try- Sicilian (but not super thick) and sauce on top. Their 3 components (dough, sauce, cheese-they use a fresh mozzarella) work perfectly.

I still struggling to put it in the top "slice" category cause it's not a slice! But it is insanely good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever had Rhode Island deli pizza? Its just strips of dough with sauce and parmesan cheese but its wonderful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 hours ago, Nomad said:

Sounds racist . Never even seen one though . 

But in a week or so I’ll report back on Alaskan pizza , perhaps that’ll unite upstate downstate pizza guys against a common enemy .

Don't do it, Larry....The absolute worst pizza I ever had was in Juneau...It was The Mermaid's idea...It was grotesque...

They don't know how to do barbeque up there either... Probably the best place in the world to get boiled owl, however....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My kid is a huge fan of the TV show The Office and on one of his baseball trip to PA sought Pizza by Alfredo or Alfredo's Pizza Cafe(I can't remember which).
Kevin nailed the critique - "hot circle of garbage" as it was made with AMERICAN cheese

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Don't do it, Larry....The absolute worst pizza I ever had was in Juneau...It was The Mermaid's idea...It was grotesque...

They don't know how to do barbeque up there either... Probably the best place in the world to get boiled owl, however....

We’ve a crab feast booked, but no pizza one was offered .

In 1988,  I passed through Juneau, stayed at an old hotel that had a shared bathroom down the hall , and one of those old girly paintings over the bar . 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Like tomato pie? Big thing in Utica.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I grew up on tomato pie, both red and white (garlic). Tomato pie and Utica greens a practically a religion out there.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Utica greens go with everything. One of my favorites.

I had a guy on my crew who was one of the best cooks in the FD . My last night of work I could have requested anything ( he ruined me for restaurants for the most part btw ) I asked for his beans and greens, he adds Italian sausage, and we severe it over ziti , with garlic bread .

I’ll have to try the Utica style someday , looks very similar.

• Like 1

My kid is a huge fan of the TV show The Office and on one of his baseball trip to PA sought Pizza by Alfredo or Alfredo's Pizza Cafe(I can't remember which).
Kevin nailed the critique - "hot circle of garbage" as it was made with AMERICAN cheese

American cheese isn’t even cheese. Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Went to use my pizza stone on the grill and it broke. So made sausage bread instead. If anyone is working on my Christmas list yet a pizza stone will be at the top.

Made one smoked sausage, spinach, onions and cheese and one chicken garlic sausage, pepperoni, onion, cheese and garden tomato. 00d9869fdf29db7b425b74b8684c694b.jpg11ec295a6b77c993e109f4c6cb8e02bf.jpg

• Like 3

d95b5c26b672e8d58064a7a3d2011976.jpg
After sharing your article with my pizza aficionado, she said, "let's make it."
We did and she said, "it's good. It's not pizza, but it's good!"
Sauce was homemade with garden tomatoes and came great

• Like 2

Watched a food network show and they talked about buffalo style pizza. Slightly thick crust, double cheese and crisp mini pepperoni's.

Buffalo pizza sounds like India sushi to me

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Went to use my pizza stone on the grill and it broke. So made sausage bread instead. If anyone is working on my Christmas list yet a pizza stone will be at the top.

Made one smoked sausage, spinach, onions and cheese and one chicken garlic sausage, pepperoni, onion, cheese and garden tomato. 00d9869fdf29db7b425b74b8684c694b.jpg11ec295a6b77c993e109f4c6cb8e02bf.jpg

Sausage bread is the best! We make it all the time and for just about every party, it's a real crowd pleaser. 

I made venison sausage bread for my son's Cub Scout party and the other dads wiped it out in 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Robhuntandfish- see you mentioning tomato pie and Utica greens. Beloved by all in this area. Went to a benefit yesterday for a guy with stage 4 lung cancer. Great chow- Had tomato pie and two different Utica Greens. I was watching the plates come back to the  tables and greens and tomato pie were on everyone's plate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farflung said:

Robhuntandfish- see you mentioning tomato pie and Utica greens. Beloved by all in this area. Went to a benefit yesterday for a guy with stage 4 lung cancer. Great chow- Had tomato pie and two different Utica Greens. I was watching the plates come back to the  tables and greens and tomato pie were on everyone's plate.

just have to add in chicken riggies and a half moon cookie to have the full taste of Utica. 

Good luck to the fella at the benefit.