Pizza

MPHunter

15 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Went to use my pizza stone on the grill and it broke. So made sausage bread instead. If anyone is working on my Christmas list yet a pizza stone will be at the top.

Made one smoked sausage, spinach, onions and cheese and one chicken garlic sausage, pepperoni, onion, cheese and garden tomato. 00d9869fdf29db7b425b74b8684c694b.jpg11ec295a6b77c993e109f4c6cb8e02bf.jpg

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Looks GREAT, Rob  !!.....  Will you marry me  ??....

On 8/20/2022 at 10:51 AM, Nomad said:

Sounds racist . Never even seen one though . 

But in a week or so I’ll report back on Alaskan pizza , perhaps that’ll unite upstate downstate pizza guys against a common enemy .

Agree with others that it’s certainly not a “pizza destination “ spot lol.  Not sure where you’re going but The Moose’s Tooth in Anchorage is pretty good and is also a brew pub- fun place but pretty popular.  If you make it to Homer Fat Olives is place for wood fired pizza.  Finn’s on the Homer Spit isn’t bad either 

Robhuntandfish and Judoka- you guys nailed it with the half moons and riggies. 

Kinda related to the pizza topic: When I was near Danang, Vietnam there was a pizza shop right next to China Beach hospital and the R+R center. It produced some pretty good pizza (using pilfered American ingredients). The guy that ran it was a Korean who learned to make pizza when in West Virginia going to WVU.  He made a fortune from the GI's coming in from the field. He also made some killer Thai style eggrolls.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, crappyice said:

d95b5c26b672e8d58064a7a3d2011976.jpg
After sharing your article with my pizza aficionado, she said, "let's make it."
We did and she said, "it's good. It's not pizza, but it's good!"
Sauce was homemade with garden tomatoes and came great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my Mother would make homemade bread, she would stretch that same dough, spread sauce on it, sprinkle lots of pecorino cheese (with the little black peppercorns in it) and then anchovies all over that.  Boy do I miss that pizza! 

• Like 1

When my Mother would make homemade bread, she would stretch that same dough, spread sauce on it, sprinkle lots of pecorino cheese (with the little black peppercorns in it) and then anchovies all over that.  Boy do I miss that pizza! 

I was always told no mozzarella cheese if going with anchovies..just sauce and crushed red pepper with a sprinkling of grated cheese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...