Your Biggest NY Buck

BizCT

This is shamefully my best. First time hunting at my brothers many years ago and first time hunting with my ML. Guess it’s like golf. Shouldn’t birdie the first hole as nothing good comes after. Disclaimer: have killed some dandy turkeys over the years lol 
2029EB87-564F-44D0-89BE-C821F73ED9A6.thumb.png.1cdb8b1d37415f420f4edf31c693d4de.png

Pretty sure none of my bucks are that big. If I can find a picture I’ll post it but best I can remember is a small racked 7 pointer with a huge body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2013 at 7:45 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not sure if this forum ever had this topic before. With the season approaching, lets see a PICTURE of everybodys biggest NY buck. Stories with no pics, need not apply. Non NY bucks, need not apply.

Here's mine. Opening day of gun season 2007, first light. Putnam County (3N). Basket 8. Never measured him, but I would guess he's like 80" or so? No clue. Sorry for quality, its a pic of a pic.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

post-871-13782087023094_thumb.jpg

10 years later and it's still my biggest in New York. After shooting (shotgun) a 1.5 y/o 4pt. in 2012, I stopped shooting 1.5 y/o's. I have since only killed 2.5's+. I have had some encounters with what would be my personal best NY WT's, but just haven't sealed the deal yet. Maybe this weekend!

I should note that last year with the xbow I killed my biggest buck (weight-wise)- a busted up 4pt. with 15" inside spread.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, sampotter said:

This thread is a blast from the past. Here is a 147" Adirondack 8 point I got in 2012. Probably my last big NY buck now that I live in another state.

FB_IMG_1512063010285.jpg

Thought they don't grow big racks in the ADK?  lol  nice to have you around again Sam.    Was just admiring your early entries. 

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Thought they don't grow big racks in the ADK?  lol  nice to have you around again Sam.    Was just admiring your early entries. 

This thread has been blowing up my email for the last 2 days, kind of difficult to ignore. That buck was a rare one indeed. A 130 is a really good ADK buck.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

2 on the left are archery bucks taken in rushford. Had the 2nd from left scored, 121 gross. Buck on the right is my biggest. Last years gun buck grossed 136. And other pick is my archery buck from this year green scored at 123 gross.

20171126_205438.jpg

20171022_105700.jpg

I screwed up buck on the right was 131 gross, not 136. Wishful thinking i guess.

• Like 1