New to Me Old Town Canoe

Splitear

A few weeks ago I decided to put my fishing kayak up for sale and look at getting a canoe so I can take my girls out paddling and fishing in the coming years. Last night while perusing FB marketplace, I came across an Old Town Pathfinder for a steal. I went and picked it up today, and I think it's going to fit my needs very well. It's 14' 10", which is about right for keeping kids wrangled inside, as well as keeping the weight under 60#, so it's easy to load/unload by myself. It's used and is going to need a good clean-up, but should make a nice boat for me and the family. The older couple that I bought it from were extremely nice, and generously threw in a couple of paddles, wet bag, a portage cart and some life jackets.  I emailed Old Town with the SN, and they shot right back with the build date (1990) and specs. I'm really looking forward to getting it cleaned up and out in the water with my daughter. 

I'll post in the classifieds, but if anyone is looking for a great fishing kayak and are in the Saratoga area, I'll cut a deal on my yak for members :)

IMG_1137.JPEG

IMG_1138.JPEG

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

1990 Old Town. Gotta love it. I have one also. Same model, same year. I’ve replaced the seats and we still use it regularly. Great for fishing. Still love the kayaks for recreational paddling but the canoe is the platform for fishing. Good luck with taking the kids out in it. My wife and I had my three year old son out on Minerva Lake in the Adirondacks and he was having fun splashing the water paddling with a spatula. Dropped the spatula and before I could react, he bailed over the side after it. Best grab I ever made, snagged him by the life jacket and hauled him back in. He was smiling and laughing while my wife was near hysterical. All in all, a canoe is definitely the way to go with a family.

• Like 2