Ladder Stand (for big guys)

Judoka95

[mention=762]Chef[/mention] had an issue with a stand, but I can't remember what brand. I know he has several ladder stands though. 

That was a muddy 1.5 that thing folded like paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, tjdusaf said:

You guys are welcome to come try some
Ladders or Hang ons 57dd79358991c5e3378fe070bd84e76c.jpg

c2841a3f620c6516e4235a6b2c1075b9.jpg
b016bf65d0d72ac46ff0c01b7012dcd5.jpg
f751f11ffae188552a940c4854bd98dd.jpg
6824311a230909ed67be1a12c5024e95.jpg
da5da0aabd8298d30a96ac1d06e3fb3a.jpg

Just not a fan of web/fabric seats . They will fail always do.. just helped friend check his expensive ladder stands  of 3 one seat had hole chewed through it and they are 2 years  old.. hes attempting to find a replacement to buy but it will be a take down stand to replace seat at best case..  steel aluminum bar seats dont fail bring you own pad and no squirrel critter damage.

• Like 3

Just not a fan of web/fabric seats . They will fail always do.. just helped friend check his expensive ladder stands  of 3 one seat had hole chewed through it and they are 2 years  old.. hes attempting to find a replacement to buy but it will be a take down stand to replace seat at best case..  steel aluminum bar seats dont fail bring you own pad and no squirrel critter damage.

Thats true for the stands you leave up but what about those who hunt public land?

I’d be curious to see the comfort difference between these and the steel&cushion ones.

I hunt from a saddle but if I ever go the hang-on route I wouldn’t write fabric seats off without a test drive.

20 minutes ago, ridgerunner88 said:

Thats true for the stands you leave up but what about those who hunt public land?

I’d be curious to see the comfort difference between these and the steel&cushion ones.

I hunt from a saddle but if I ever go the hang-on route I wouldn’t write fabric seats off without a test drive.

Ill take the steel with my own thermal seat. Over fabric any day. 40 years of sitting in stands.  Dry and comfort is what i want. Not snow water holding fabric  . Or get there and its been cut by an  a-hole. 

We haven’t experienced that at all… more than a dozen Millennium and Rivers Edge in our woods for years and haven’t seen any damage… not doubting your experience, just relaying ours.

This stand has been in this tree over 5 years….
ce3066095258e1f875593a73f4ccd236.jpg
a0861624d711637cdad6477519595c39.jpg

On 9/27/2022 at 9:12 AM, BizCT said:

I picked up the Millennium M7 Microlite this year. I don't need my seat cushion with it, so 1 less thing to bring in. I think I'll bring the M7 out of the woods in January even if I leave the sticks up because of the soft seat

As far as hang on stands go ,the M7 is the best you can buy.

• Like 1

We haven’t experienced that at all… more than a dozen Millennium and Rivers Edge in our woods for years and haven’t seen any damage… not doubting your experience, just relaying ours.

My M100 spent the past two years in a tree and its perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

This one’s been in the woods id guess ten years straight , no issues, I’ve got a few more not quite as old, they’re fine too . I did buy some spare “ seats “ just in case ,because that’s how I roll . I also bring a seat cushion as I’m all about comfort.

My patio furniture have the same web type seats , they’re been outside year around 15 years or so .

AFD24DCC-5B6B-4B6E-8BF7-358409884B11.png

• Like 1

x3 or x4 on zero damage to fabric seats. At least the style used by Millennium. I think it's too tight for a critter to get their teeth into, at least IMHO. We've had over a dozen this style set up for better than eight years, and they're as nice to sit in as the day we got them. They don't hold snow or water due to being so thin, unlike seats of old with foam cushioning which all but guaranteed you a wet a$$. I've had ants, spider, even mice in my lap with the older style. The worst thing I can say about Millennium seats is that you might fall asleep...

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 2:06 PM, phade said:

You want to talk about inflation impact - treestand costs are up big time. Since most come from China, the support is generally driven by the middle man company in between the retailer and factory.

1.5 stands like the Hawk lineup generally get good reviews, but they all make noise and you need to spend time to set them up and sound proof them. I've owned or sat in nearly every price range of ladder and they all suffer from that same malady. It's just the nature of those types of stands. Black electrical tape, vegetable oil, and some extra nuts & bolts can go a long way. You may need one or all of them to make the stand quiet.

Teflon washers on every bolt will go a LOOOONG way 

11 hours ago, tjdusaf said:

You must not have many small critters around or porkupines.

• Like 1