What Rangefinder to buy?

Typically when hunting with my xbow I use my Dad's rangefinder.  Well he just bought an xbow, which means we might be hunting at the same time now with xbows.  I probably should look into buying one for myself.  Any advice on what to get? I don't need anything crazy, just something good for close ranges. My Dad's is a really good one, so I will still use that for trips out west for long distances.

Thanks in advance.

definitely need something that reaches out to 100 yards if you're using your xbow :)

but seriously, I have a basic busnell that works great. You can select standard/rifle/bow. Rifle will compensate bullet drop based on some popular pre-loaded calibers and archery will give you a corrected distance based on your angle. you can also select modes that ignore heavy brush. I think it was around $100? idk i got it for christmas.

I've had a Nikon for about 5 years. I have never needed to change the battery. Every year before I head out hunting I check it out on my archery range where I have stakes every 5 yards out to 50 yards. These were carefully laid out with a 200 foot tape measure. I check it out at every stake just to make sure that accuracy is good throughout that distance. It has never failed and always reads exactly the distance of the stake that I am standing next to. I don't have it here with me so I can't say what the model name is. They probably have renamed it by now anyway. But I can endorse the Nikon name.