Live From the Stand / Woods 2013!

HuntingNY

You left your climber in the woods??

People suck... Now a days guys will take anything they see that belongs to someone else. Don't worry what comes around usually does! May have not been a positive for you but most likely a negative for the thief.

Yeah I set it up Thursday night was going to hunt it tonight. Never again am I leaving a thing in the woods if it is a new spot

You left your climber in the woods??

People suck... Now a days guys will take anything they see that belongs to someone else. Don't worry what comes around usually does! May have not been a positive for you but most likely a negative for the thief.

Yeah I set it up Thursday night was going to hunt it tonight. Never again am I leaving a thing in the woods if it is a new spot

Congratulations DP...and sorry Cuse....just why I won't leave my climber even chained in my own property...reminds me...need to hunt swamp and check that ladder stand

Got perfect conditions for one new set...not a single deer...Went in at 4 .....May have been too late and they spotted me from a distance.....mean while Mr B saw 7  down were I was last night and mowed this mid day...so much for letting the area rest a day'...Lol

FABULOUS sunset tonight...God I love fall....

Edited by growalot

So season opens here at 7:20....and 5 min ago the first shot rang out on the lease land...way to go on teaching the kids proper hunting....ya if it really was a kid...Bet I'll hear later how he got a big buck...during archery.... :fie:

(sp)

PS my time is wrong on the post...it was 7:11 when I posted that not 6:11

Edited by growalot

Finally on stand. Morning full of mishaps. Overslept. Nearly was killed by an owl that wanted the field mouse next to me, grouse roosted five feet above my head and I forgot he was there (nearly messed myself when he took off again). But, all in the past. Hoping to see some deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 3

Saw a lot of deer this morning so far. All far away though. One doe was bleating so loud, never heard one that clear and loud. She was over 100 yards away. Perhaps calling her fawns?

Heard three gun shots this morning. Hopefully youth hunters bagging their first deer.

Weather is perfect. A lot cooler then I thought it would be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Got in my stand hour before light, had some rain this morning. The rain stopped as it was gettin light and right after that I had deer walking around then running around. I could have sworn I heard a few grunt but i couldn't see the deer. Then a few Dow worked in and they were extremly skidish. I then saw this really nice 8 point standing behind a tree which appeared like a ghost at 25 yards.i then heard him grunt at a Doe and start running her around the woods to the side of me. Nice to see some deer finally! And a nice buck as well.

I had a yearling last year I called boots, she had what looked like white socks or boots on all 4 legs. I saw her this morning and she's 1.5 and still has the boots, I thought that was very cool to see her hanging around the area she basically grew up in.

• Like 5

Little six point comes in gives me perfect angle... But on my wrong side!! He gets antsy and slips back into the brush. Holding my breath the spit goes down wrong pipe and pine tree comes alive with choking. Gotta live this deer hunting stuff. Lol!

Don't you just hate when that happens?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone, 
      It is current the last week for regular season in upstate NY. Living the life working and being a full time student, I have some time off this week and would like to take a ride upstate to do a gun hunt. Never have I hunted public land in the areas 3 G, F, or N and was looking for some recommendations and help! I had used the DEC info locator and found California Hill and thought I might go there. Is there any recommendations on areas to go to in any of the wmu’s? Or on California? Any help would be really appreciated!! 

best of holiday wishes! 

• By Francesco B
      Hello everyone I’m currently looking at a house in deposit ny I’ve been deer hunting for many year mainly in Columbia and Greene county never been to Broome county. Before anything I was just curious how is the hunting there ? I know there aren’t any antlered restrictions in Broome but are there monsters out there or is it mainly just small spike? If anyone from that county or knows about deposit and broome county would get back to me i would appreciate it. Hope everyone hunting today catch a big one thanks.
    • By Ainsley Ash
      The procedure below to carry the bow is detailed below:
      You have to use a cotton towel or something similar. You have to wrap it around the bowstring. Doing so ensures that it will not cause an injury with the bowstring coming in contact with your body. It will not be that sharp either. Once you cover the bowstring with the towel, you have to wear it like a sling. So that it will not fall away from your body. The best way to cover the bowstring is to use a large enough towel. You can wrap it around twice as well. When making a sling out of the cotton towel, you have to ensure that you tighten it to get a snug fit. In that case, it will not slip away. Consequently, it will remain in place. When using this technique to carry a bow on your back, it is essential to practice before going in the wilderness. Only when you can move briskly and without noise using the scanning mechanism should you go ahead with it. To remove the bow, you have to hold it at the bottom. After that, you have to slip it over your head as well as arm. Doing so ensures that you can remove it quickly. When trying to focus on a prey, you need to remove the bow quickly. The technique for removal that we have highlighted above can certainly help you do so.
    • By Toth9050
      I'm new to the area and looking for some places to hunt  the next few weekends through bow/muzzleloader season. I'm living in New Paltz, and the place that seems the most promising to me so far is Vernooy Kill State forrest, and north into Sundown. Has anyone had any luck in these areas? Is there anywhere better in the area I should check out? Any info is welcome
    • By Raul2145
      Hi Everyone,
      My name is Raul and I am a new hunter! I've been hunting public land for now, but have been suffering. I've done 2 10 hour sits at Kings Park and 3 10 hour sits at Rocky Point and haven't seen one deer. I use a treestand and use scent blocker. I also get there super early in the morning. I need help! I plan to go again this friday. I scouted Rocky point after the first day and always see sign and I try to hunt the areas, but no success. I hunt around 42 and 36 I think. If someone wants the exact spot I can send them it on a map. I am really just looking for help in any areas and everything. I have put so much effort yet all i want is to just see one that will keep moral up. Any help is really appreciated!