Russian Or Thousand Island?

Lawdwaz

Growing up the only salad dressing we had was when mom mixed ketchup with miracle whip...instant Russian / thousand island. If she was getting fancy she diced some pickle up fine and mixed it in. 

I laugh everytime the debate gets started about who and when Thousand Island dressing was invented. It was invented in a thousand household kitchens , but only one restaurant apparently. Different brands of Russian and Thousand islands dressing are mixed different...any two could be switched any given sunday.

1 hour ago, Daveboone said:

Growing up the only salad dressing we had was when mom mixed ketchup with miracle whip...instant Russian / thousand island. If she was getting fancy she diced some pickle up fine and mixed it in. 

I laugh everytime the debate gets started about who and when Thousand Island dressing was invented. It was invented in a thousand household kitchens , but only one restaurant apparently. Different brands of Russian and Thousand islands dressing are mixed different...any two could be switched any given sunday.

I remember the ketchup trick fondly when growing up.it worked!