Hancock Hunting Club Looking for Members

Speedlg

We are a small membership hunting club (10-12 members) in Hancock NY. We have a lot of land (850 acres). We are searching for 2 new members. The club is located about 3 hours from NYC in Delaware County. We have a 5 bedroom 2 bath lodge with hot water, electric, and satellite TV. We are 5 minutes from town which has restaurants, a supermarket, and a sporting goods store. When you are a member of the club, the 850 acres are yours to use year round. This is not a season only lease.We have some big bucks and bear here. We hunt bow and gun seasons, and yes this is rifle country. We are all middle aged regulars guys, most of us from Long Island, we enjoy hanging out and hunting, it's that simple. We are not looking for drunks, drug addicts, attitudes, or politicians. We are looking for guys who like to hang out, are safe hunters, and want to be good stewards of some exceptional acres. If you are looking for a cool, fun, safe place to hunt and want to make some good friends then give me a call or an email [email protected].

Lawrence
516-993-3314

• 4 weeks later...

This dude makes the same post every year, but can never be bothered to answer any questions. I have even e-mailed him in the past and didn't hear a peep in return.

Thinking the same thing. sent him 2 emails. Haven't received a reply back yet. I see you are here now Predate instead over on NAHC site. That webpage has a became a joke since changing format ..

nys-buckstalker, I may be overlooking something, but I can't recall being on NAHC. What does it stand for?

moog, that is a good point for someone interested, but I have lost interest. I didn't want to inquire about deer hunting, just off season predator calling/trapping.

• Like 1

PREDATE:  NAHC = North American Hunting Club     I migrated here after the latest website changes they implemented which, to say are horrible would be a drastic understatement!  I guess I should of changed my logon handle here so people here didn't pre-judge. :lol:

I tried calling the number - it's a tutoring companies answering machine.   So I sent him an email and got a reply actually. It didn't say a whole lot though so I replied with a couple of questions - met with silence.   Here's the general gist of his reply:

"Thanks for responding. We have 2 openings for members. The club is a bunch a guys who share a love of hunting and hanging out. We lease the 848 acres from a lumber company. We have a 5 year lease with them, we are in year 2 of the lease. The dues are $1650 per man. We keep the club to 11 members so we have plenty of room in the house and out in the field. I've attached a topo map of the property so you can see what the terrain is like."

So I asked if the 1650 was per year per man or per LEASE period per man.  If per yr/man that's awfully high but I can't get an answer.   I do know where the property is and it's got some pretty steep sections. There are deer there but I wouldn't plan on getting run over or anything. ;-)

Doesn't say much though that they guy won't really reply and if he posts every year it makes me wonder why the high turnover rate.

Edited by SteveC

So I asked if the 1650 was per year per man or per LEASE period per man.  If per yr/man that's awfully high but I can't get an answer.   I do know where the property is and it's got some pretty steep sections. There are deer there but I wouldn't plan on getting run over or anything. ;-)

Doesn't say much though that they guy won't really reply and if he posts every year it makes me wonder why the high turnover rate.

Steve,

guarantee it it per year-per man. it is a little over $20 and acre and that is probably justified with there being a house. Going rate seems to be about $20 and acre.

ok - Thanks CCHC.  I kinda figured it was per lease period.   11 guys at 1650  = about 18 grand.   That sounded like about on par to me, but 18 grand per year?  I'll pass I guess.  Seems like it'd be more cost effective to actually buy something at those rates but believe me, I'm all too familiar with the tribulations of a bunch of guys doing that too.

Edited by SteveC

ok - Thanks CCHC.  I kinda figured it was per lease period.   11 guys at 1650  = about 18 grand.   That sounded like about on par to me, but 18 grand per year?  I'll pass I guess.  Seems like it'd be more cost effective to actually buy something at those rates but believe me, I'm all too familiar with the tribulations of a bunch of guys doing that too.

The timber companies typically set lease prices based on the tax bill with some administrative costs. 800+ acres is a sizable chunk of land.

nys-buckstalker, I may be overlooking something, but I can't recall being on NAHC. What does it stand for?

Sorry ,stand For north American hunting club, thought I saw your name in their forums a couple times. May have been on another site ( hunting.net) or another person with same name. Sorry about that.

Anyway sent 2 emails to this guy and have gotten no reply back. Number is some company.