Your Bow Season killing machine!

Renegade Hunter

Don't need something technical to take down a deer.  I shot this deer 4-5 years ago with a soveriegn Mace 43# @ 29".  Shooting 2117 alum with 125 grn Muzzy's and yes that is Yellow masons twine for silencers.  It works very well.  LOL 

post-373-0-68548200-1379469234_thumb.jpg

I am good out to 30 yards but won't take a shot much past 20 yards.  Over the past 8+ years my farthest shot at a deer was 23 yards.  I have had better years than others but in the past few I have been more productive with my bow than my gun.  

Edited by biggamefish
  • Like 2

No pic, but will be shooting a 2012 Prime Centroid 70/28 with easton st arrows and 125g rage or slick trick heads (486g).  I also have a shift, which is a great little bow and may be used in a blind, but the centroid seems to shoot bullets for me at any distance.

The recurve kills always impress me.  Great job!

how do you like the red zones? if i didn't just buy arrows I would have loved to try them out

Best arrow I have ever shot. noticed a big difference right away even compared to my CX Mayhem hunters

& They seem to be a strong arrow

first 3 shots I took with them were all touching @40 yards

just don't like paying $20 more a dozen but they are worth it to me

Don't need something technical to take down a deer.  I shot this deer 4-5 years ago with a soveriegn Mace 43# @ 29".  Shooting 2117 alum with 125 grn Muzzy's and yes that is Yellow masons twine for silencers.  It works very well.  LOL 

attachicon.gifSix point.jpg

I am good out to 30 yards but won't take a shot much past 20 yards.  Over the past 8+ years my farthest shot at a deer was 23 yards.  I have had better years than others but in the past few I have been more productive with my bow than my gun.  

That's impressive. 

Still shooting my trusty Switchback XT for the seventh year. I cant find anything newer to buy that I like as much and trust me, I've tried. The Elite Answer was close but the lack of tunability on the 2 track binary cams keeps me from buying one. Maybe they'll come out with one that has Hybrid cams someday!

Edited by Arrow Flinger

This year i'm going all in with my recurve.  Leaving the compound at home and i'm even going to take it out gun season (with the browning as back up in case a big boy walks by out of range, with a recurve is 30 yards. HA)

MArtin x-200

55 @ 28 inches

shooting Beman MFX classics with 100 grain heads. 

ALL IN.

post-374-0-13765700-1379549618_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Shooting a Mathews switchback XT which is a smooth shooting tack driver, don't see any need to update ( not just yet), beeman ics camo hunter shafts, blazer vanes, 100 gr. 2 blade rage razor cut, spot Hogg sight with only one pin ( shoots flat out to 20 yards), trophy taker shakey hunter drop away rest, string loop, limb saver stabilizer and limb shock absorbers, 2 piece mathews quiver. Sorry no pic.