Looks like the first real giant of the season has fallen

phade

what a small head for that rack though... can we confirm this isn't a penned in deer like the douche from watertown last year?

Gotta let the story play out. Seems legit, however, thus far.

Same county as prior record. Same record has been broken 3 in 4 years, and a well-respected bow shop owner has hitched his bow shop name to it by taking pics of the buck with his truck in the background. Kind of stupid to do if it is tied to illegal activity.

Here is the whale-tales archey facebook page > https://www.facebook.com/WhaleTalesArcheryWI/photos_stream

One guy commented saying the buck probably came from this place in Wisconsin > https://www.facebook.com/pages/Apple-Creek-Whitetails-Ranch/237446782967132?sk=photos_stream

Again, nothing has popped up as questionable. The bow shop owner did lend him a bow for the pics, as he had ran home first apparently. But other than that...seems legit thus far.

• Like 1

Gotta let the story play out. Seems legit, however, thus far.

Same county as prior record. Same record has been broken 3 in 4 years, and a well-respected bow shop owner has hitched his bow shop name to it by taking pics of the buck with his truck in the background. Kind of stupid to do if it is tied to illegal activity.

agreed on letting it play out. But smart or not, some people do dumb things to make a buck :) no pun intended.

Before anyone jumps on the "borrowed bow" comment - True story. I met a man who had just shot a 185" NET buck. I was picking up a doe I had shot that was being processed. The guy wanted to weigh the buck. He knew it was big, but didn't know just HOW big it really was score wise.

I helped him drag it out of his Chevy tracker. My eyes almost popped out. I offered to take some nice photos of him and the buck with my DSLR and he agreed, but didn't have his bow with him, so I let him borrow mine. Pics went into publication and there he is with his buck and my bow...just to frame the shot.

Huh? You smoking something?

It just happened and hasn't been put into a magazine yet.

the bottom of the story posted on the link says "check out the July 2013 of North American Whitetail"...that leads me to believe it was killed last year.........For the exclusive, inside story on how Keller adjusted his strategy on the fly and brought down one of Wisconsin’s biggest whitetails ever, check out the July 2013 issue of North American Whitetail.

Read more: http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/2012/10/04/paul-keller-wisconsin-non-typical-trophy-buck/#ixzz2fN6axjxe

the bottom of the story posted on the link says "check out the July 2013 of North American Whitetail"...that leads me to believe it was killed last year.........For the exclusive, inside story on how Keller adjusted his strategy on the fly and brought down one of Wisconsin’s biggest whitetails ever, check out the July 2013 issue of North American Whitetail.

Read more: http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/2012/10/04/paul-keller-wisconsin-non-typical-trophy-buck/#ixzz2fN6axjxe

You are looking at the 2012 buck.

We're talking about the 2013 buck...someone posted the wrong buck on the first pic.

That buck that was shot last year was a farmed deer.  It was shot free range, but thats not how it grew that big. The fact that another 240" non-typical comes out of the same area is very suspicious.  Almost ALL deer that are fed a special diet to grow that big, grow large non-typical antlers.  it is usuallly the first red flag of misdoing. 

That buck that was shot last year was a farmed deer. It was shot free range, but thats not how it grew that big. The fact that another 240" non-typical comes out of the same area is very suspicious. Almost ALL deer that are fed a special diet to grow that big, grow large non-typical antlers. it is usuallly the first red flag of misdoing.

The one shot in 2012 is wisconsins current record.

Before anyone jumps on the "borrowed bow" comment - True story. I met a man who had just shot a 185" NET buck. I was picking up a doe I had shot that was being processed. The guy wanted to weigh the buck. He knew it was big, but didn't know just HOW big it really was score wise.

I helped him drag it out of his Chevy tracker. My eyes almost popped out. I offered to take some nice photos of him and the buck with my DSLR and he agreed, but didn't have his bow with him, so I let him borrow mine. Pics went into publication and there he is with his buck and my bow...just to frame the shot.

yeah i have a few pics with my dad's gun because mine was further up the trail or something. not a big deal really.

Problem 1-baiting

Problem 2-Doewhacker

Problem 3-Steve863

Well, that's not us in that picture, Burt.  You know darn well we have darker complexions than the two in the picture.

The only baiting we ever used was the free fried chicken stand we set up down the road from your cabin.  All the bubbas around your neighborhood went down to get the free chicken while me and Doewhacker trespassed on their land.

Well, that's not us in that picture, Burt.  You know darn well we have darker complexions than the two in the picture.

The only baiting we ever used was the free fried chicken stand we set up down the road from your cabin.  All the bubbas around your neighborhood went down to get the free chicken while me and Doewhacker trespassed on their land.

Thankfuly we have been sucessfull poaching deer this summer at Burts place and are all done before the hunting season even starts. Now we can sit back and relax.

Thankfuly we have been sucessfull poaching deer this summer at Burts place and are all done before the hunting season even starts. Now we can sit back and relax.

Sit back and relax???? I have truck load of sheep coming in that need to be happy, you boys know what to do. ;)

• Like 1

Sit back and relax???? I have truck load of sheep coming in that need to be happy, you boys know what to do. ;)

No, we don't do such stuff.  We hear enough bleating dealing with and servicing our wives.  We'll be damned if we want to hear some more.  We were wondering why you guys liked to bring in those sheep on occasion, though?  I guess we know now.  Whatever floats your boat, fellas.

True Story:

I am at my taxidermist dropping off my deer to be mounted (the one in my avatar), and there is a beautiful buck sitting there waitng as well.  Much, much bigger than I have ever seen come out of where I hunt in WNY.  I asked him about it and he said that it was shot less than 10 miles from where I hunt. I was dumbfounded.  Come to find out, the deer escaped the whitetail farm that is a few miles from where I hunt.  Got shot during the season and the guy had it mounted.  Do I blame the hunter?  HELL NO!  Who wouldn't shoot it?  he had zero idea that the deer had escaped.  I do not call into question that Wisconsin buck from last year, because I ASSUME that hunter had good intentions, however, the circumstances are almost identical.  A deer in the woods is a deer in the woods.

That buck that was shot last year was a farmed deer.  It was shot free range, but thats not how it grew that big. The fact that another 240" non-typical comes out of the same area is very suspicious.  Almost ALL deer that are fed a special diet to grow that big, grow large non-typical antlers.  it is usuallly the first red flag of misdoing. 

You're kidding right? I hope you don't truly believe this?

You're kidding right? I hope you don't truly believe this?

I'm not claiming any misdoing on the hunter, as I posted a very similar story here in NY.  I have a close friend in WI and there were a whole of things swirling around about how that deer was raised.  Again, nobody said that it was tied to a tree and shot.  I'm just saying that there are circumstances behind that deer even being that big.  THEN having TWO deer in consecutive years over 240" in the same area.  COME ON!  Common sense.  Look at the anters.  Nothing screems "special diet" like when you see that mass and that many points.