What's it go?

Enigma

43 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think 95% of the bears taken in Maine are 185lbs
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

or less. there's been many 250+lbs out of this camp. even a handful knocking on the door of 400lbs. down the road another outfitter uses dogs and theyve gotten multiple 500lbers but with dogs you can go to them and pull dogs off a small bear to look for another one.

• 2 weeks later...

I hunted 3M last Sat 9.17 and Sun 9.18. I didn't see a bear. The sweet corn they were in two weeks ago dried up and died. Very, very dry there. Walked some cow corn but never put eyes on one. Fun nonetheless. 

And then last night I get the pics. Killed last night. In the cow corn where I walked. Close range gun kill. I don't have all the details and I doubt it was weighed, but what say you? Put a weight on it.

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Enigma said:

I hunted 3M last Sat 9.17 and Sun 9.18. I didn't see a bear. The sweet corn they were in two weeks ago dried up and died. Very, very dry there. Walked some cow corn but never put eyes on one. Fun nonetheless. 

And then last night I get the pics. Killed last night. In the cow corn where I walked. Close range gun kill. I don't have all the details and I doubt it was weighed, but what say you? Put a weight on it.

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

looks like a fatty! 280

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Enigma said:

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

Nice looking bear. 

• Like 1

So here's an update. My buddy with whom I stayed with on this trip actually killed this bear. He broke it down yesterday. I asked him today if he weighed it. His response . . . 

"Just the front arm. 75lbs. He had to be 500+. I could "bearly" lift the torso after I took the meat off. The cooler with the hide and head almost threw my back out. They had to be 100lbs each. 300 in meat. Plus the guts? Ass to tip of snout was 6'6"."

So there you have it lol. I hope y'all understand I'm not claiming it was a 500 lb'der. I'll let him do that. Said friend is a type "A" personality. Go big or go home type of guy. All I can say was it was a big bear. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

True...I am wrongfully fearful of trichinosis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That bear been eating in a sweet corn field; should be some good eats. You eat pork? Anything free range can have tric. too.

Bear are deceptively heavy for size.

Edited by Dinsdale

That bear been eating in a sweet corn field; should be some good eats. You eat pork? Anything free range can have tric. too.
Bear are deceptively heavy for size.

Sure I eat pork-doubtful it's free range....I've never heard of trichinosis in venison and if it is DONT TELL ME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I dont think there been trichinosis in pork in 75 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just poking at his cage cause I think its silly.

Although pigs will eat anything, and rooting around eating carrion can infect them.

Avoid dog too, they get it…..

16 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Just poking at his cage cause I think its silly.

Although pigs will eat anything, and rooting around eating carrion can infect them.

Avoid dog too, they get it…..

Dam, I was just thinking a good dog steak would be great tonight...

So more to the story. Buddy #1 sends me this crappy pic today. Says he doesn't think he killed the biggest bear there. Sent the pic to buddy #2 and he said "Holy shit." The people I hunt with are touched in the head.

IMG_6294(1).jpg

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3