2013 Fletch in the Field

Fletch

10/23am 40

Sat out behind the house for 2 hours. Real nice morning but the deer did not agree! I came out the back way behind the neighbors looking for signs of scrapes and hit a couple in a usual spot. Had a huge print in one, need to get a cam on this. I have no big bucks on my other cam back here. I need to know!!

10/23 pm 40's

Snuck out late and put a cam on that scrape. Sat in stand for an hour with a bit of rain on and off. At 5:30 I had a small buck slipping across about 80 yards out left to right. All the sudden he just bolts and zip gone. He was totally upwind of me and I doubt he saw my hand reaching for my binocs at that range. hmmmm Nothing else the rest of the watch.

10/24 pm 39

Work is really messin me up!! Got stuck an hour past what I wanted so could not get into the hole. Snuck out back for 1.5 hours. I did walk up a little buck on way in and pretty sure I slipped around him without being busted.

Got to the stand ready for action but all I got was wet again.

Will see what the weather holds for the morning.

10/25 am 37

Got down to the outer hole stand for a 2 hour morning sit. Was a nice calm, cold morning but did not see anything but squirrels and monks.

Head to Germany tomorrow for work so no hunting for me until next Friday. Good luck out there!!

11/1

Wow 18 hours of travel yesterday! I was still up at 5:30 am to look out the window and see 25 mph winds and sideways rain!! Went back to bed in a hurry!

pm 64

Wind was a bit better this evening but still never lightened up all together. Sat for 2 hours in the bottom hole stand and saw nothing. BIL was in my other hole stand and got zip as well.

All three of us will be out in the morn.

11/2 pm 36

Down in the deeper hole stand for 3 more hours and nothing. Was a great cold evening. Bro saw one over 100 yards out BIL saw zip.

I have no idea what is up, 14 hours in stand the first three days of November and not one deer sighted?

Back at it in the morning. Will be frost tonight.

11/4 am 21

Man was it cold this morning, Good thing I wore my big boy boots!

In the stand as usual a good 30 minutes before light behind the house. Just for reference all the times I reference in the stand I just log the actual hours after legal light not all the time beforehand. I did hear a fox or yote scamper through in the dark.

I sat for close to 3 hours before I heard some commotion behind me. I saw a couple flatheads run in and across behind me, looked to be a doe and a fawn. They went through abut 80 yards behind me. A few minutes later I hear a grunt and see a small buck, maybe a 4 point come through and then swing out off my right side off the trail of the two flats. A few minutes later another comes in, a 3 point and he is 50 yards out behind me eating. I then see another about 90 out following the creek bed in the direction the does went, maybe a 4 or 6 point if he had brows. All 1.5 year olds. After a bit the 3 moves off following the direction the does and one buck went. About 10 minutes later I hear something behind me and here comes the 3 point right up behind me about 20 yards out and back the way he originally came from. To little to shoot yet.

Sat 4 hours total.

11/5 am 34

Out in my fav stand behind the house. Just around 6:45 I heard a deer running and from my right came a small flat. Stopped and the ran the stopped and ran across. I hear steps coming from where that one came and see another flat. She walks right broadside in front of me at 28 yards and stops. She looks pretty small, I pull up on her and contemplating and she turns right at me I am thinking she is really small so do not shoot. She takes off and stops about 80 off walks a bit away then starts blowing! Shoulda let the air out of her! Sat for 2 hours that was it.

11/5 pm 46

Snuck out to a stand just along a field edge about 20 yards off the back left of the lawn. Only had 45 minutes of hunting time. Had one walking into me right before dark never saw it in the brush but it was down wind of me and worked away about 50 yards and the blew a couple times and that was that.

11/6 am 47

Out in the fav stand behind the house for 3 hours. At 7am had a small buck, looked like the 3 point, cut across my left about 75 yards out. Around 7:30am had a 4 point come in and he was directly down wind and real skittish. He stood under 20 yards from me for over 20 minutes never looking up at me but facing me. I was standing and had my bow in hand and my other arm rested at an angle between me and the tree. Well for ten minutes that was comfortable! try holding your bow up and not wiggle for 20 minutes! And my other arm was falling asleep. He was standing their chewing his cud and smelling and ears swiveling, just real spooky. He finally turned and walked off not sure if I could have even pulled the bow back with my arm half asleep!! he was small enough to live for one more week.

My bro got out as well but did not see anything.

Edited by Fletch