Catching up

Steuben Jerry

Long post alert
I haven’t posted much in the last few months, thought I’d catch up. No particular reason I haven’t posted, just life got busy for a bit and I’ve been trying to cut back on too much online time after the weather got nice.

My mother in law passed away in early April. Full life, passed peacefully at 94 years old. She was the last of our living parents. My wife was the executor of the estate, so we were a bit busy with readying a house for sale, and all the other things that go with settling an estate. All went well, and the house sold last month.
Took a few short trips visiting family this summer, and spent a few days at the Ohio Indycar race over the Independence Day weekend. They let you bring ATV’s to ride on the property (not the track itself) so we brought one this year, what a difference to get around a mile and a half long facility on a 90 degree day! Mid-Ohio is becoming an annual thing for us.

Been doing some fishing, although not as much as I thought I would in my first summer after I mostly retired. Mostly small waters for bass and panfish.
I say mostly retired as I did take a part time gig as one of the tax assessors for the town I live in. I might have mentioned this before. I actually won an election, although I didn’t even know I was running, lol. I was asked last year if I had any interest in doing that. I expressed some interest, so the town board members wrote me in on Election Day. It’s about 4-10 hrs a week usually, summers mostly off. Although the pay is squat the work is interesting and I’ve enjoyed meeting new folks in the town I live in.

Picked up a Yamaha Wolverine last month. I’ve been looking since last October, but supply chain woes had just about zero availability. I lucked out on an order that someone placed and then couldn’t get financing for. After I snatched that one up, the next nationally available one was in Alabama. Sold a 20 year old Yamaha Grizzly 660 to make room in the garage (still have a Grizzly 450). It’s crazy what used machines are selling for. Sold it for $3500 after paying $6000 for it 20 years ago. I was going to post it here, but it literally sold in minutes for full asking price after listing it on Craigslist. Probably could have got $4000 for it. Crazy. Youngest granddaughter approves of the side by side!

Got my rifle buck back last month too. I really like how it turned out. Recently busy with stand maintenance and am building a platform/tower stand in our best spot. Should have have the platform in place this weekend.

New pup is doing well. Very lovable little guy, but he’s way slow to get house broken. He definitely leverages his cuteness after an accident.

As always this time of year, I’m looking forward to deer season and hopefully a Bills Super Bowl season!

8798CDC0-8E4A-4B3E-B0B6-0FB0CCC248B8.jpeg

5E268D82-FBC6-4FA7-860A-8124A8CA4A57.jpeg

1436700C-EE14-44B3-A6C8-CFFD570ADB0E.jpeg

ED61D13E-337E-4AB7-BDC9-BA9765A4C23F.jpeg

CD9F777E-6C79-418A-9074-E18B3A63D439.jpeg

FA364554-3AFA-408C-819C-5B7BB408A01B.jpeg

5B778E18-7059-48C1-9530-93B0476A3F81.jpeg

DD78CF0B-AED6-409A-A662-57ECDEB5941A.jpeg

73E1E4EB-3249-4C68-AE7B-E5C7FE35DBAE.jpeg

914D4296-9893-467E-BA34-34ABD931CEE3.jpeg

360033AA-9CF9-4696-82DA-27898F672340.jpeg

• Like 22

First off , sorry about you’re  mil, second - congrats on the job , you’re buck looks fantastic  . And if you and the misses ever want to get that Wolverine in the mud or just do some trail riding , give me a shout the wife and I would enjoy some company playing on the atv’s . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

Thanks for the post. Always enjoy your posts. 

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I'm sure it's hard for you both. 

Buck looks great. 

I know mid Ohio track well, I ran on it once years back. Did you take your drone for some air videos?

After my dad retired he was so busy he said "he didn't know how he had time to have worked!"

• Like 1