Tuna charter

Chef

So pumped I just can’t wait. A week from Friday I will be heading out to montauk to get on the Viking 5 star for a 48 hour Tuna charter. They say the target species are yellow fin, big eye, wahoo and mahi.

Can’t wait to fill the freezer with fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 22

Nice. Any chance for a shark? I have a friend who goes on a similar one or maybe the same one. He doesn’t care about fishing. He just drinks and wants the tuna lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s possible yes

• Like 1

How does one prepare for that trip? Or just show and go! Not sure I could spend a few nights on a boat in the ocean

So I believe I have to pack food, a sleeping bag and pillow. Other than that I just show up and go… as long as it’s not horrible seas I should be fine

b13c8a5606182ff15fc3963215420730.jpg

So I believe I have to pack food, a sleeping bag and pillow. Other than that I just show up and go… as long as it’s not horrible seas I should be fine

b13c8a5606182ff15fc3963215420730.jpg

Hopefully 11 chicks in bikinis and you

• Haha 1

I am an offshore fisherman.  Here is some advice to best enjoy the trip.  If there is a chance you will get seasick start taking Dramamine night before trip so in your system during trip.  Bring clothes for different conditions, hot, cool, chilly, rain gear, fresh socks, waterproof shoes/boots.  Sunscreen/block (SPF45 minimum).  Stay hydrated.  Have a large cooler filled with ice waiting for the trip home.

Edited by DoubleDose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Sounds like a blast! Being in WNY I always forget that we have these fish off our east coast and do not have to fly out for an experience like that.

They have been catching giant bluefin tuna (think Wicked Tuna) off Rockaway, NY the last couple of years.  All insight of the NYC skyline.

• Like 1

Nice. Any chance for a shark? I have a friend who goes on a similar one or maybe the same one. He doesn’t care about fishing. He just drinks and wants the tuna lol

Last thing you want on a tuna charter is a shark.

I'll be in Plymouth bay chasing stripers, albies and blues with fingers crossed for a tuner

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk