Tuna charter

Chef

11 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Last thing you want on a tuna charter is a shark.

I'll be in Plymouth bay chasing stripers, albies and blues with fingers crossed for a tuner

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

That may be your preference, but a shark to me would be awesome

I'll be in Plymouth bay chasing stripers, albies and blues with fingers crossed for a tuner

You are talking to a guy that gets a hard on when I send him pictures of dogfish caught off the beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I've been fortunate to catch a citation size wahoo, what an experience. Those are awesome. Such a good eating fish as I am told, but I don't eat seafood.

Good luck on the trip. It should be fun. Any specific fish/type you really want to boat? It is always exciting when you get one on a realize "its the one."

• Like 1

I've been fortunate to catch a citation size wahoo, what an experience. Those are awesome. Such a good eating fish as I am told, but I don't eat seafood.
Good luck on the trip. It should be fun. Any specific fish/type you really want to boat? It is always exciting when you get one on a realize "its the one."

Honestly any tuna will do, I just want to take home the meat

Chris Jack or CJ.  If its him he'll know me! You'll have a great time.  They make it a very enjoyable trip.

If I am correct the marine forecast has the seas around 6 ft… am I in for a rough ride if that is correct ?

On 9/1/2022 at 7:46 PM, TreeGuy said:

You absolutely do NOT want sharks.  They will bite your tuna in half (or more) while you are fighting them.  Also, Mako shark currently have a 2 year moratorium and you cannot take them.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:41 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

This was literally the perfect fish. We couldnt keep over 78" and it was 77". You may be able to keep a giant because youre going commercial 7472e1d735ad1bde7fe8b260868d74b3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tuna regulations can change over the course of the season.  Blue Fin Tuna regulations are 27" to less than 73".  Those 73" and over are giants and closed to recreational permits.  Typical bag limit is 2 at 27" to less than 47" and 1 at 47" to less than 73"/per boat.  Your fish looks like a Yellowfin which is 27" and over at 3/person/boat.  

• Like 1

Tuna regulations can change over the course of the season.  Blue Fin Tuna regulations are 27" to less than 73".  Those 73" and over are giants and closed to recreational permits.  Typical bag limit is 2 at 27" to less than 47" and 1 at 47" to less than 73"/per boat.  Your fish looks like a Yellowfin which is 27" and over at 3/person/boat.  

Its a bluefin, possibly Im mistaken and it was 72. It was an inch under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 feet is pretty big, but what is more important is the "duration" meaning the time measured between swells. The longer the duration the better.  It makes for nice long swells that make it comfortable.  

It now says long period SE swell 6-10 ft for the canyons