Biggest/favorite bucks from past 5 yrs...

WNY Bowhunter

It's been the slowest summer on trailcam that I've ever had for big bucks.  It was to be expected as the local buck herd got slaughtered last fall. The other day I was looking through old pics reminiscing about some of the awesome deer that I've had history with over the past several years. I decided to post a few of them. This isn't the midwest by any means but most of these bucks are 5.5 to 6.5 years old with a couple being 7.5. It's almost unimaginable that a deer can evade a rifle bullet for that many seasons. All these bruisers are from Steuben County 8P/8R in areas that are far from being considered intensively managed...

1.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Don't let @Belo's groupies see these pics, they'll come find you lol

That's ok, all of these bucks are confirmed dead except possibly for the droptined buck from 10/8/21. I didn't hear of him getting shot last season so I'm hoping he will resurface this fall.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 1

Way less buck pics than normal in NY. I’ll check cams again 9/15 and see if anything changed.

CT I have nothing to compare it to. Have the same 2-3 does almost daily and a 10pt every 2 weeks roughly, nothing else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

33 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Way less buck pics than normal in NY. I’ll check cams again 9/15 and see if anything changed.

CT I have nothing to compare it to. Have the same 2-3 does almost daily and a 10pt every 2 weeks roughly, nothing else

you need to adjust the timer on the feeder 

• Haha 1

you need to adjust the timer on the feeder 

Lol. I did one bag of corn on the top ridge July 10 and it was gone in 2 days from coons. Haven’t tried anything since. I plan to hunt down a few ridges. It’ll be hard enough to get there with a bow let alone a 50lb bag of corn. I can’t be bothered

• Like 1

I’ve mentioned numerous times to some lugnuts on a group chat here that this year is by far the worst year for trail cam buck action I’ve had since I started using cameras in (I think) 2009.  I mean it’s not even remotely close…

A friend has a cell cam on the piece I hunt in Livingston County and he’s had one or two fair (relative to the area) bucks and nothing like past years.   

It’s going to be interesting to see how things shake out!

13 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’ve mentioned numerous times to some lugnuts on a group chat here that this year is by far the worst year for trail cam buck action I’ve had since I started using cameras in (I think) 2009.  I mean it’s not even remotely close…

A friend has a cell cam on the piece I hunt in Livingston County and he’s had one or two fair (relative to the area) bucks and nothing like past years.   

I've always heard wet springs = big racks. and I thought we all had a wet spring even though the summer is a brutal drought. Is it possible EHD is spreading to other parts of the state? losing a few thousand deer in SENY for example has to change the numbers sooner or later, right?

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I think I first started running cameras in around 2008 as well. I've had some pretty slim picking years but this one is probably the worst. I do have several pretty nice bucks on camera, but not what I'm accustomed yo. Interestingly, I've got several buddies in the same area and they've got some really nice deer on camera this year.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Maybe the very dry summer has pushed them to slightly different areas for water and food......

My spot is about the same as usual. But I do suspect they will use some different trails this season as the water was so crazy high last fall.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

We have doe & fawns though.   It’s strange Constanta I’ve had in the past.  

Too be honest, I’m thinking of heading down state for some pheasant hunting.  Just maybe hit up Sterling?

:) 

• Like 2