Biggest/favorite bucks from past 5 yrs...

WNY Bowhunter

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

if you have water youll have bucks right now. my cams are all around a soggy area down hill from the pond that leaches the surrounding area.

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

We have doe & fawns though.   It’s strange Constanta I’ve had in the past.  

Too be honest, I’m thinking of heading down state for some pheasant hunting.  Just maybe hit up Sterling?

:) 

Good point. I'm 1/2 to 3/4 mile away from any water here in CT. But the same 2-3 does walk by a few times per week. One has a split ear and alone. the other has 1 fawn.

past 5 years.......

first pic - chased this first one around for 3 years.  Named him Dark Knight cause we never once saw him in day light. 

2nd pic - small rack big huge body.  Was actually within 10 yards of him once and couldnt get a shot, I thought it was a loose cow at first. One night i came out from hunting and he was 50 yards from my truck.  

3rd pic- have had this big 6 point around for 2 years but only a couple of pics of him - Big Sixy 

4th pic - this buck - Checkbuck-I played chess wiht for 10 days last season and saw him a couple times but never in bow range.   

Not the same caliber as what WNY has here above but fun nonetheless!  My goal is to take one buck off this property that is worthy of a wall mount (after the freezer is restocked of course) 

Dark Knight rises.JPG

Stix 2.JPG

CSS '21 4.JPG

checkbuck 9.JPG

• Like 3

Here's 3 that stick out to me.

The deformed one is my favorite, I hunted him for 3 years. His rack didn't change much over that time. His left hip was all caved in like he got hit or something.

We only actually saw him once, but he was a regular on camera until he vanished last year. His name was Crazy Horn.

The other two were kicking around off and on for awhile. Idk if they're still around.

Naples, Ontario county.

IMG_20211105_204416437_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191022_171106220.jpg

IMG_20190914_115207400.jpg

IMG_20190824_091228801.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LET EM GROW said:

Oh man do I have to? I may start my day off with tears lol.. What do you feed your deer? Steroids! gah-lee! You should raffle off hunts!  

Honestly, there's not that great of ag crops in these areas, just enough cover to allow a few deer to survive gun season.

Seems like quite a few people are having very slow cam seasons. I suppose drier conditions may be a factor with shifts, but I have water in quite a few of my places and still seeing similar lower-than-normal results. Even low lying, cool shady spots..nada but does/fawns an small guys.

The hardest thing are the older bucks I know made it through the season and got pics of in May/June, have been MIA since. Places where they've historically remained. Even spreading cams out to other areas, still not picking them up.

We have one 4.5 here in NY that we're getting occasional photos of, and one that we hoped to chase this year, had good frame growth....but busted his G3 and its been hanging down, and finally fell off a week or two ago. 

Edited by phade

One thing ive learned is not to let these damn cameras fool you. As bucks age, many steer away from cams, not all but they certainly show caution around them.. Anyone ever throw cams up and the first few pics are a good buck? Coming to figure you out, and that he does. Its also taught me to not get hops up as they tend to make is very anxious and upset at the same time. My cams are slow, but i know they are there. And will be present at the right times and right place depending on what you have to offer on your property at that time of season.. Had the buck ive been waiting for show up last night finally. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Maybe the very dry summer has pushed them to slightly different areas for water and food......

My spot is about the same as usual. But I do suspect they will use some different trails this season as the water was so crazy high last fall.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

this is what I was going to say. If you're putting your cameras in the same old spots, you might just be missing where they are in these dryer conditions.

Without giving too much away for @BizCT, I'm happy with what I'm seeing and it lines up to previous years if not better.

38 minutes ago, Belo said:

this is what I was going to say. If you're putting your cameras in the same old spots, you might just be missing where they are in these dryer conditions.

Without giving too much away for @BizCT, I'm happy with what I'm seeing and it lines up to previous years if not better.

How many pics can I see if I send you $10?

52 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

One thing ive learned is not to let these damn cameras fool you. As bucks age, many steer away from cams, not all but they certainly show caution around them.. Anyone ever throw cams up and the first few pics are a good buck? Coming to figure you out, and that he does. Its also taught me to not get hops up as they tend to make is very anxious and upset at the same time. My cams are slow, but i know they are there. And will be present at the right times and right place depending on what you have to offer on your property at that time of season.. Had the buck ive been waiting for show up last night finally. 

Agree. How many times do you hunt and see nice bucks and they aren't on camera that day. Gotta be in the woods.

A few I would like to see in person this year:   I had that one with the funky left side in range twice last year and didn’t seal the deal.  Big big body on him.   The last one was from a few years ago in Mendon but just one that impressed me  

2F7FC8DB-0027-44AD-A7A4-58D89285738F.png

24B44771-D431-473E-9BA7-4A583D94A770.png

C44C4B85-1C7F-4E8A-A0DE-8D7D770A8862.png

A46EDBDD-7C3B-44EA-9DC7-9F9265F20C6B.png

D6ABB98F-8D15-47C5-86BF-1B26E44F528C.png

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

2nd and 3rd pics:  I suspect someone got him on the state land a week into gun season.  I nick named him Blade.  #4 I think is a truly wide 9 point this year I've had my eye on this year.  #1 from 2020 (date on cam is wrong, its actually Nov 1) is on my wall!

Edit: Pictures didn't upload in the same order.

IMG_0040 NOV 1 PULL.JPG

Nov 22IMG_0146.JPG

Nov 2021 IMG_0102.JPG

Shay IMG_0097.JPG

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
  • Like 2

These bucks were all at one of my job sites in NJ. The first was an old double drop tine that I saw when I did the pre-construction walk. The rest were taken on the first day of the job. They didn't even care that we were there. The big buck walked around us and bedded down about 50yrds from our trucks.

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4263.JPG

IMG_4264.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4261.JPG

• Like 5