Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle

Splitear

I was perusing another forum  this afternoon, and just happened upon a fantastic deal. I’ve been casually looking at flintlocks for a while now, not really too seriously. I wanted a full stock rifle by a good maker, and unfortunately most of those guns were to pricey for me right now. When this one popped up and said “Albany, NY”, I jumped all over it.  It’s a .45 Pedersoli Flintlock Kentucky Rifle, never been fired.
I’ve got to pick up a new set of accoutrements to fit both the caliber and action, but I’m hopeful I can get shooting with it in a few weeks. 

77064549-4C5C-4149-815A-DFA3F974F624.jpeg

A8D7E6D8-2D47-45D8-8411-8FD45C1082B9.jpeg

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 12

I have a Pedersoli made Lyman Great Plains Rifle in flint. I love it. If you havent shot flint before, there is a steep but fun learning curve! I suggesgt going to the Muzzleloading Forum for tons of advice on them. Especially early on shooting make sure you are shooting from a bench/rest, and be relaxed through the follow through. Mine has a very fast lock, but the follow through is crucial for accurate shooting. Have fun! My favorite source for muzzleloading supplies is Track of the Wolf. Good prices, very fast shipping. STock up on fliints when you find them...they are much more readily available than percussion caps lately, but also get sold out. Check Pedersolis web site or the ML forum to find out what size flint for yours. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, Daveboone said:

I have a Pedersoli made Lyman Great Plains Rifle in flint. I love it. If you havent shot flint before, there is a steep but fun learning curve! I suggesgt going to the Muzzleloading Forum for tons of advice on them. Especially early on shooting make sure you are shooting from a bench/rest, and be relaxed through the follow through. Mine has a very fast lock, but the follow through is crucial for accurate shooting. Have fun! My favorite source for muzzleloading supplies is Track of the Wolf. Good prices, very fast shipping. STock up on fliints when you find them...they are much more readily available than percussion caps lately, but also get sold out. Check Pedersolis web site or the ML forum to find out what size flint for yours. 

It’s my first flintlock, but fortunately, I have some great teachers at my disposal. I appreciate the advice and resources. I actually found this in “The Muzzleloading Forum”, a great place to learn from experienced folks.
TOW is my go to for anything Muzzleloading, they have been great to work with. 

Edited by Splitear