Long Island Bow Hunting thread

JimmyDaSavage

im surprised, usually a 200" deer shot on LI will spread rather quickly... in this case a 237" deer shot 2 days or so ago i would think it would spread around extremely fast. i could be wrong tho. In any event if its true, im dieing to see some pics of this beast. i wont hold my breath tho lol

i dont know much more then that lol

i mean that photo can be easily photo shopped for all i know... but im pretty sure thats the deer that droptine is referring to. i know LI has some giants but 237" is not normal lol

i dont know much more then that lol

i mean that photo can be easily photo shopped for all i know... but im pretty sure thats the deer that droptine is referring to. i know LI has some giants but 237" is not normal lol

Do you have a link to the the other site? 

It's so crazy right now how some web sites have bogus pictures and kills and fellow hunters fall for it. This has not been the first i have seen this from "said" site.

You kill a deer of that caliber it's like winning the lottery and unless your as dumb as they come you treat it that way. 

Edited by First-light

Quick recap:

Deer was taken at night with a spotlight on a nuisance tag at west Hampton airport. The deer is from Suffolk county, Long Island. and not from Ohio. The deer was also brought to Long Island Outdoorsman the day after which is where it was measured.

Huge deer but I don't think a record can be given when the permit is a nuisance.

All I can say is, it's such a shame for that deer to be killed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 1

There are no references to this buck anywhere but forums... nobody I know that scores on Long Island has seen it.. I'm skeptical about where, when and how it was really killed.. I first heard it was an Ohio buck as well... I usually know within days of any big monsters taken in NY... still nothing on this buck but rumors.

every year there are rumors of a 200" plus on LI... this is one of them... i figured id dig a bit to see what i can find after a fellow member made a statement of a possible state record from LI.

if it was real, LIKE I SAID, it would spread rather quickly.