Long Island Bow Hunting thread

JimmyDaSavage

Around 730 saw a slammer, high 130s atleast. He was 2 feet shy of stepping into my 25 yard lane but the Doe that was in my lane booked it a few steps and he turned around where he came from and looped. I thought for sure he was going to proceed fwd into the lane.

Yes I know I was busting your chops. I'm always scanning, never stop. You can miss em even when your looking.

This spot is thick, I don't have many areas where I can see out far like most guys. They are usually pretty close by the time I see them but I can hear them coming. Wind is lite today so I can hear pretty far.

went out again for an evening hunt, had that big boy on my mind so i said let me head in. got on stand at 330 and about 5:10 i hear a crash, then a min later i hear grunting and more crashing. i got pumped, i thought it was that buck on that doe again so i got ready and after hearing grunting and chasing for 5 min or so i finally see horns, just not the big one. it was a nice 6 or 7 point. he ran this doe all around me and came in to about 15 yards letting out very long grunts and continued to chase her around for 20 min. they then moved off andi can hear them like 150 yards away since the wind was dead calm. so thats 2 dif bucks chasing does today hard. good signs :)

the last 4 sits in this tree i had chasing and seeking going on.

• Like 1

Geno are you on vacation this week? I took off second week in November now im thinking it was a mistake lol.

No, since the move I have alot of time on my hands... Waiting to close on my house in horse heads up state. So for now I'm killing a few weeks until we make the move up and I start the business up there. I try and get out as often as I can

No, since the move I have alot of time on my hands... Waiting to close on my house in horse heads up state. So for now I'm killing a few weeks until we make the move up and I start the business up there. I try and get out as often as I can

are you gonna miss the hunting on L.I.?

Headed out for a morn/ evening (somethibg to di midday) sat, then a full day sit Sunday. I saw a 6 upstate ignore 2 does on tues sound like Charles Alshemeir from D&DH was correct about the trickle rut. And that if you have a hot doe nearby game on if not maybe a slow sit.

i have 4 doe that are coming into heat, there hocks are starting to turn very dark and its driving these bucks in my area crazy. every sit this week has been chasing, grunting, seeking. they say it only takes one doe but with a few of them getting close makes for some pretty good sits. ill be back out this weekend. with the way things are i think i have to be there NOW and not let it cool down...

Nice Buck Geno.

I have been getting out here and there.  I keep thinking that the sightings will improve as we have come into NOvember, but have been actually seeing fewer deer the past couple times out than I was during october.  And I have yet to see a buck chasing a doe.  Not even little bucks.  Past two posts Ive seen one buck, each time.

This morning I had a decent 8 pointer come in (actually may have been a 9 as I notice a little kicker coming off the side of one beam) but it took a bad turn to my south and winded me.  Wind was all screwy for me today.  They were calling for NW, but it was swinging east a lot. 

Hopefully something shakes loose for me.  I'll be out tomorrow and Tuesday.  After that I likely can't hunt til the gun opener upstate.