Long Island Bow Hunting thread

JimmyDaSavage

You can easily get two does if you

A. Applied for 2 DMP for 1C

B. Purchased the early bow as MZ tags

C. A combination of A and B.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

I did A. but I did not do B.  How do you go about purchasing the early bow as MZ tags?  I bought my supersportsman and 2 DMP tags for 1c so as far as I know I have 3 usable bow tags. 

I did A. but I did not do B. How do you go about purchasing the early bow as MZ tags? I bought my supersportsman and 2 DMP tags for 1c so as far as I know I have 3 usable bow tags.

If you have the bow and MZ tags, the bow should be either sex and the MZ should be antlerless. Both these tags can be used anytime in 1C. So you should have 5 tags this season, to be used at anytime in 1C. This is with exception to the special firearms season in 1C, I am unfamiliar with those regulations.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Im hoping it doesnt rain tomorrow so I can get out. Backs feeling better so may try and get in an afternoon hunt, seems like alot more deer moving in the late afternoon. Im hoping to get my first deer and first bow kill in all one!!

• Like 1

went out around 1130 this morn just to grab my sd card and put a new one in and also just clear another 3 lanes/small pocket areas incase a big one slips in and around one of my other lanes. i also added a few branches to the stand for added concealment. i had too... i was mental over the other years seeing these big ones slip into areas where i had no shot, so i dont want it to happen again this year. this year i am sealing the deal on a shooter!

going out thursday, sat/sun... increased buck activity popped up over the last 2 days, multiple bucks and daylight hours. also, mid day activity started at this spot as well. all good signs. rubs popping up and this scrape 100 yards away is getting hit hard, its wide open.

• Like 1

heading out all day sit tomorrow, 30° in the morning! light W wind. this big ones slipping up tomorrow and ill be there to help! i cant wait to be on stand. even if i dont see a shooter i wont even matter, pretty soon we live for the next few weeks, its on... right around now is when these giants start showing up. with increased buck activity that went from zero to 60 in 2 days tells me somethings up.

Cut not cig from the last post.  But side work was canceled today so I went back out for the afternoon/evening had one small buck come in make a scrap and close the distance to 20 yards at sunset I drew when he was behind a tree bc tonight I was shooting a nice buck or a doe he stepped out I saw his head gear and decided he was neither.  He busted me anyway and turn to go back the way he came.  First deer sighting on the public land I hunt all season I was beginning to think I was barren waste ground.

today was a great day, i actually lost count on how man y deer i saw and i only hunted until 11am. had that big 8 running does and grunting again, a lot od does, had a 6 and a 4 come in and a 7 point a few min later come in looking and grunting. then when i was leaving the woods that 7 point was walking behind me on the same trail, he never even booked out just eventually walked off and was looking around paying no care to me.

there is 100% a doe getting extremely close, she has multiple bucks moving into this area an hanging around

Gonna head out tomorrow early afternoon till dark, most likely head to rocky point I have the county pass as well, only issue is the county property I always see deer the last 1hr and only the last 1hr, always headed in the same direction

I hear ya about the last hour the small buck I saw the other night came in the last 2 min. However heading in the same direction is a good thing you can find a way to slip further toward them with out bumping them. Shoot me a pm what property do you hunt I am the only person I know hunting out here we can compare some notes maybe.

Ouch. Was out sunday. 3.5 hour post in morning and 3.5 hour post in afternoon. At 2 different spots. Didn't see anything. Was pretty windy in afternoon. I probably should have chosen a stand closer to thick cover. But still that spot is a funnel and when rut is on it is almost a guarantee to see deer. I'm sure the movement is up but yesterday was a bust for me.