Beware The NEW Gun Laws are in effect and aimed at HUNTERS

Berniez

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

That's because they don't think it will affect them.  They ignored oppressive gun laws in NY all along because they don't own an AR or any handguns, but this new laws affect any semi-auto deer rifle too.  If they don't think this leftist anti-gun attitude will eventually affect all hunting guns too, they should be reminded it's already affecting all of their hunting ammo.

One can only hope , that the ammo back ground check will flip the switch for them . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

The sad thing about all this is that some hunters will be voting for Kathy in November.

Any sportsman,hunter,target shooter,pistol shooter on either side of the political isle that can vote for this unelected governor and legitimately believe in her anti gun,hunting and shooting stance is a pathetic and naive person.She has made it very clear, her agenda is removing ALL guns from this state,of course the criminals will always have guns.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, farmer 52 said:

Any sportsman,hunter,target shooter,pistol shooter on either side of the political isle that can vote for this unelected governor and legitimately believe in her anti gun,hunting and shooting stance is a pathetic and naive person.She has made it very clear, her agenda is removing ALL guns from this state,of course the criminals will always have guns.

That being said I’m sure the gun hating left wing downstate libs will all vote for her ..

I still say IF everyone bitching about her and these idiotic laws would actually get out and vote , it would make a difference 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

The sad thing about all this is that some hunters will be voting for Kathy in November.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

That's because they don't think it will affect them.  They ignored oppressive gun laws in NY all along because they don't own an AR or any handguns, but this new laws affect any semi-auto deer rifle too.  If they don't think this leftist anti-gun attitude will eventually affect all hunting guns too, they should be reminded it's already affecting all of their hunting ammo.

...divided we fall.  

• Like 1

...divided we fall.  

...divided we fall.  

...divided we fall.  

It seems pretty obvious some gun owners and hunters prioritize other things above their 2nd Amendment rights.  Perhaps they think it's more important to get an abortion, have legalized weed, support the gay agenda or get a lot of "free" stuff and are willing to sacrifice their gun rights to get those things.  

• Like 5

14 hours ago, luberhill said:

Yea I saw that , and it reads different than the OPs number 2 

So it seems someone told him incorrectly 

Then the law reads it must be in a “fire resistant “ storage ..two lines later it says it can be plastic :)

Welcome to NY

The intent is to keep it confusing so that every thing is a felony :(

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain that the provision regarding having to post privately-owned buildings in order to "welcome" guns isn't going to stop a hardened criminal. "Geez, you can't carry a gun in here, I guess we'll go rob somewhere else" lol.

Much as I hate to see this, I have to admit that most of these laws appear to be aimed squarely at removing guns from private individual's possession entirely. Not at criminals, not at public safety, but at a political agenda.

I wonder what happens if the owner of a building decides to post that guns are welcome, but their tenants (individuals or businesses) don't like it...or vice-versa, if somebody is renting, but the owner doesn't want guns there. This could get ugly quick.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I'm fairly certain that the provision regarding having to post privately-owned buildings in order to "welcome" guns isn't going to stop a hardened criminal. "Geez, you can't carry a gun in here, I guess we'll go rob somewhere else" lol.

Much as I hate to see this, I have to admit that most of these laws appear to be aimed squarely at removing guns from private individual's possession entirely. Not at criminals, not at public safety, but at a political agenda.

I wonder what happens if the owner of a building decides to post that guns are welcome, but their tenants (individuals or businesses) don't like it...or vice-versa, if somebody is renting, but the owner doesn't want guns there. This could get ugly quick.

A Rochester NY restaurant already posted that you can conceal carry there 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, farmer 52 said:

There's people among us and this very site that will vote for her because of the D next to her name

• Like 6

Not sure I entirely agree. Certainly knowing how to defend yourself is better than not knowing, but my years of training in judo, including a year solid in Japan, did me little good when a gun was pointed in my face. In fact, given that the kid pointing it was ~14 years old and shaking, I didn't really want to escalate. And that turned out to be a good idea, since the confrontation cost me all of $1...gang initiation I suspect, with six of his cronies waiting in the wings if things went South.

But I feel you. Learning how to defend yourself is about knowing when and when not to pull the trigger. So to speak.

Edited by knehrke
  • Sad 1

Not positive the felony is going to apply to standard violation trespass (hunting). I think its only going to apply to criminal trespass( building and dwelling or locked area) and sensitive locations. Still looking into it, we've received no legal update paperwork from the state at my work. 

I’ve been told Bass Pro and Cabelas have blocked off the ammunition and aren’t selling it in NY as of today per there legal department. Has anyone witnessed this ?

Yes, I saw this at bass pro in auburn yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, escpen said:

Yes, I saw this at bass pro in auburn yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but today the ammo is back , they said corporate told them to clear the shelves until someone trained them how to do the needed background check .

They now know how and shelves are restocked .

They said they scan your drivers license and there are some questions they need answered .

More idiotic liberal bs 

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2022 at 12:49 PM, Berniez said:

2.When asked about driving from Farm to Farm to hunt I was told the need to be in a hard case and locked. If Violated:::::This a  FELONY requiring that the state confiscates all your guns

Careful what you put out there as fact without sourcing it. It is NOT illegal to transport a gun in your car while you're in your car. You cannot however leave it unattended outside of a locked "hard" case in plain site. 

• Like 1