Beware The NEW Gun Laws are in effect and aimed at HUNTERS

Berniez

24 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Ok maybe I am reading this wrong but now we have to lock up our guns in our cars ? Do they think that is how the criminals are getting them from us hunters leaving them in our cars ?

I guess it’s all firearms long guns and handguns need to be locked in a case IF you are leaving them in the vehicle unattended .

Like this stupid law is going to stop criminals from committing gun crimes 

23 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Ok maybe I am reading this wrong but now we have to lock up our guns in our cars ? Do they think that is how the criminals are getting them from us hunters leaving them in our cars ?

Locked in a case if left unattended. You can travel with a gun outside of a case if you are going directly to your destination. 

9 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

Apparently Zeldin’s polling numbers are within striking distance to the queen!

That was one poll... the aggregate is still showing 16% difference, which is not great for Zeldin.

However hopefully Biden's student loan package coupled with these latest gun laws will help swing the vote. However I wouldn't hold my breath, this is New York and it is tough for rural NY to take down NYC.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

16 hours ago, luberhill said:

I guess it’s all firearms long guns and handguns need to be locked in a case IF you are leaving them in the vehicle unattended .

Like this stupid law is going to stop criminals from committing gun crimes 

Someone posted the state's website on page 1. It's not really a guess, if you want to follow the law you need to have your firearm unloaded, out of site and in a locked hard sided case (plastic is ok), but only if you or someone above 18 have left the car unattended. You do not need to follow those rules if you're in your car.

I was sort of wondering about a pistol though if you have a lockable bin. I have a lockable bin in my silverado and it is for sure a hard sided. 

At the end of the day I don't see many upstate officers enforcing this, but you do run the risk that they do. I would also guess that during hunting season they would be far more lenient than just traveling around with an AR on the backseat, but again the law doesn't differentiate so you run that risk. Why you'd leave an AR on your backseat in view while running into the store is beyond me anyhow, and how a cop would know it was in your car unlocked if it was hidden would be a head scratcher too. 

21 hours ago, Belo said:

Careful what you put out there as fact without sourcing it. It is NOT illegal to transport a gun in your car while you're in your car. You cannot however leave it unattended outside of a locked "hard" case in plain site. 

True !

A few others are positing info that is NOT in the law 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, luberhill said:

True !

A few others are positing info that is NOT in the law 

misinformation is dangerous and generally only hurts us law abiding citizens. Always look at the sources guys. Some random post by a member none of us know, or an official state website. I know which I'll choose. 

• Like 2

My concern here, like with the SAFE Act, is that the law is so vague, the police may be inclined to arrest you and let you prove your innocence in court.  I believe these laws are written like this for exactly that reason.  It's intimidation.  You know you didn't break the law, but will be forced to spend a lot of time and money to prove it.

Our non-illustrious Governor has targeted HUNTERS, and not the PREDATORS who terrorize our elderly, schools, night clubs, large venues, etc., etc., etc...in the LARGER CITIES.

Her focus should not include the STATE FOREST PRESERVE...

Her focus should have been on this BS "NO BAIL REFORM"... Her approach...Let the predators go before a judge... and be released immediately, but... if YOU FAIL TO MEET THE NEW ESTABLISHED HUNTING GUIDELINES, your arrested, charged with a felony, and all weapons confiscated immediately... 

Make certain to get out come November and vote... 

• Like 1