Surgery

REDNECK4LIFE32

We'll had my right hip replacement surgery today at UVM CVPH health network. Was at hospital by 830 very emotional time not knowing and worrying what could happen. Had very good group of people taking care of me. Being a combat veteran using the community cares program for local treatment instead of the long haul travel 2 1/2 hours to Stratton VA hospital in Albany. They took precautions for my PTSD. Nurses anesthesiologist and Dr we're great.  Started me off with IV and lyrica Tylenol aspirin and celebrex. I was the youngest person the Dr performed this surgery on. Surgery went great Dr said my hip bone was very bad. Came out of anesthesia without incident. They were preparing for the worst not knowing. Ate some food and drank some water orange juice and cranberry juice. Did PT walking around with walker and crutches. Walked up stairs and bent down to pick something up and bent down to touch my ankle. Came home around 400. Did some sunbathing out side in walker and relaxing. Took a few walks and exercises like recommended. Dozed off for 10 minutes after meds. Now just relaxing. Going to take my recovery slow. Pain is not bad less than I had before. I was originally scheduled for September 30 but they had a cancellation and bumped me up to today. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out deer hunting at some point. Sorry for rambling on. Now it's trying to find something to keep me busy while I recover any recommendations would be great. Huntingny has been great with information and meeting new friends to hunt with.

• Like 14

Not sure if you are into fishing, but fly tying and jig making is another good way to kill time.   Smallmouth bass love bucktail jigs in 1/8 oz to 5/16 oz sizes.  In most clear water situations, they will outcatch soft shell crabs at a fraction of the cost (I get buck tails for free).  I’ll be using some tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday. 

FDBA1D26-17A6-4C3C-ABAC-6C136139E943.thumb.jpeg.ee31e1ff9661aec9579a3ea62c4bf5d5.jpeg

38BAB9B6-9D31-4BBF-85BF-8B880A27B958.thumb.jpeg.02b5983d6aa4872b1c8510234e3d300e.jpeg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

Thank you all for encouraging words. Slept good last night with medicine cocktail they prescribed me. Little set back this morning. Went for walk with walker with my wife's assistance. Made it up and back. I wanted to hangout outside in sun so I sat on walker. Started feeling woosy she came out to get me up but couldn't. So she went inside to get phone to call my mom. By the time she got back I had passed out and on the tarmac. I seen the light. I laid there for a few. With wife's assistance I got up and got inside. I got a split lip scraped up chin chest and knees. Wife cleaned me up. I'm in time out on the couch after getting a earful. I over did it. Now I realize I have to slow down. Thinking it might be medicine that I am not use to taking. Sorry for rambling. Again thanks for support.