Gonna wait til it's cooler

nybuckboy

Guys, stop making excuses. They are moving just fine. Last evening, in 75 plus degrees, I saw 10 deer, including a mature buck. Deer move in this weather, they have to eat, drink, etc. If you have the right wind conditions for your sets, get your butts in there.

you tell em' !!!!

Guys, stop making excuses. They are moving just fine. Last evening, in 75 plus degrees, I saw 10 deer, including a mature buck. Deer move in this weather, they have to eat, drink, etc. If you have the right wind conditions for your sets, get your butts in there.

it's not about making excuses, I have no intention of DEER hunting until it cools down

yes deer will move, and you might kill one, however I get NO enjoyment sitting in 80deg whether swetting my a** off

this is why I was never in favor of opening bow this early,

It's a long deer season. Every time you go to your stand you leave scent and deer start figuring that out pretty fast. I'll stay away from my best stands until conditions are more favorable. For now, I'll hunt other areas and enjoy the colors, wait for cooler temps. Sure the deer are moving now and you may score on a nice buck or doe. I'd just rather have cooler temps to bag a deer so the meat turns out well.

just sayin'

verminator, if you dont want to sit out in the heat, thats fine. But saying that you arent going out because deer arent moving, etc is just making excuses. Conditions are just fine, deer live and thrive in the heat, just like they do in the cold. Yes, its a long season, and you dont want to pressure your stands, but guess what? It doesnt matter what time of the year it is, or what the temps are, if you hunt a stand in unfavorable winds, etc, you are going to alert deer. Like phade said, just hunt based on the correct conditions, and you will be fine.

I almost led myself to fall into the too hot to hunt thing yesterday, but I looked at the wind, thought about the best stand to get in without burning ground, and got my butt in there. It was just as good, if not a better sit than I have had on many, many cold days. The biggest worry in these temps is getting the deer processed.

At the risk of being flamed....i have to wonder how guys down south or out west hunt and harvest animals. They hunt in the heat. They dont have spoiled meat...so what am i missing? Again i also say its your choice to do what yoj please but i dont understand the reasoning behind it.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

yes deer will move, and you might kill one, however I get NO enjoyment sitting in 80deg whether swetting my a** off

I don't get this.  Why would someone be sweating while sitting still in a shady tree that still has leaves on it?  Why not wear lighter clothes?  I could see 80 degrees being uncomfortable if you have to hike 9 miles, but sitting still should not make someone sweat there a** off.  80 degrees beats 0 degrees any day of the week for me.  You surely won't kill a deer sitting on the couch at home.

• Like 2

I'm seeing them move a lot now too and I know the opportunities are there. I just don't care to shoot a deer when it's real warm. I have about 15 tree stand up. I'll hunt some of them during the early season, but will save some of my best stands for when I have more time to hunt, temps are cooler and the older bucks will be moving more. It's just my preference. When I have a week off in early Nov, I'll go to a stand and sit all day. I don't want that stand to be burned out.

We hunted the am from one stand till a rabbit hunter came past with dogs it was 55 degs when we got out of the stand back home by 8;55 did some things in the man cave. Went to a stand we alwasys see deer for the afternoon hunt it was 74 degs at 4;45 pm never seen a deertill after shooting light.  As we drove the route home they were just coming out of the woods your call. Me any time in the woods with family is a good time the kill is extra and the meat is gravy lol be safe have fun  

Older bucks moving more? Well, you can wait for the rut all you want, but they still have to move to feed, drink, etc. You just dont hunt this time of the year like you do the rut.

I dont have any "best stands" I have stands that are good for certain situations. The stand I went to last night was perfect for the situation. I had a mature buck at 20 yards. He would be in my freezer right now had I not botched my opportunity, and it had nothing to do with the temps.

To each their own I guess.

• Like 1

Honestly, these days I prepare mighty little.  I just pick up my boots and weapon when it's time to go and that's pretty much it.  When I do go out, it will be rain or shine and I won't be blaming anyone or anything if I don't put something down.  I've hunted long enough to know that anything could happen at any time while one is out hunting and it can happen when you are least expecting it.  I do know for certain, however, that you won't kill JACK if you aren't out there.

• Like 2