Antlerless opener coming up - you hunting it ?

Northcountryman

The stupid thing about this is I hunt 8J occasionally. But I will not burn my DMP selection as my home spots are 7A and 7F. And 8J hands out extra DMPs later. I'd try for a doe but can't get the tag until the extras are given. Seems like they don't want too many extra deer taken with this roadblock in the way.

I am going to tweak my opening day morning plan just a tad tomorrow, to lessen the impact a little and give me a few more minutes of hunt time.  

I have a good relationship with my new next/door neighbor.  I just gave him a bunch of venison leftover from last year, along with a pack of “extra tender” stuff, killed on January 1st of this year.  I also agreed to keep his driveways cleared of snow this winter.

He is the only one who owns a building within 500 ft of the little “wood splitter shed”, made from a truck cap, that I plan on hunting.  I just need to move my splitter to the barn tonight and cut out the screen from the back window and I’ll be good to go in the morning, right from my back yard.

70BC957F-A6D1-43F8-94D6-E6B4CDBB033C.thumb.jpeg.ffbb4bb32978bfc447acb33748de2c56.jpeg

The shed is behind the clump of brush on the left that the velvet buck on the right is walking towards.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2