Fast Eddie's Fables

fasteddie

Here's a winner . My wife is into all this homeopathic and Natural stuff . She gave me a spray bottle of Pure Magnesium Oil . The ingredients are : 100 percent pure magnesium chloride brine from Ancient Zechstein Seabed in the Netherlands . With ingredients like that it has to be good ! :rolleyes: . 

• Like 2

I might go down to my friend's property in Walworth and set up a tent blind to use during gun season . I would probably use the crossbow out of it as it would be border line to being 167 yards from a neighbor's house . I have been hunting farther out back with no luck and I am getting some pictures of deer much closer to the house . On occasion , they have shown up during daylight hours . It's worth a try but it would be one of those spring Dog House Blinds and if it snows like predicted , it could cave in but I havn't used it in a couple years so it wouldn't be much of a loss . 

My back is still killing me and I think it might have been a muscle strain . before I went to bed , I rubbed some DMSO gel on the sore part ( MAY BE UNSAFE -- Not approved for Human Use ) . I used to use this stuff on my knee and ankles when I ran and it helped . 

Heading to Geneseo at zero dark thirty in the am and give it one last try before gun season . I told my SIL that if I don't see any deer by 10:30 , we can put in her posts and install the electric fence to keep her horses out of the creek and gully lot . I would like to leave early enough as my older sister isn't well . The medication she in on is messing her up .

When I get home , I have to remove my archery stuff and replace it with my gun hunting gear . I plan to take my trailer and ATV with me tomorrow and leave it down there unless I get a deer . Yeah , right ! :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Heading to Geneseo at zero dark thirty in the am and give it one last try before gun season . I told my SIL that if I don't see any deer by 10:30 , we can put in her posts and install the electric fence to keep her horses out of the creek and gully lot . I would like to leave early enough as my older sister isn't well . The medication she in on is messing her up .
When I get home , I have to remove my archery stuff and replace it with my gun hunting gear . I plan to take my trailer and ATV with me tomorrow and leave it down there unless I get a deer . Yeah , right ! default_rolleyes.gif 

Good luck, Eddie. I hope all works out well, across the board.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

So much for Bow Season . Saw a doe standing next to the road near the Qwik Fill in Ontario . Saw another doe standing by the road near Pole Bridge Road and Lima road . Saw a doe run across my sister's neighbor's lawn on Reservoir road in Geneseo but saw nothing while sitting in a stand in Geneseo . 

I was sitting in one of my stands that is located in the bottom of a pasture lot with a creek behind it at the end of a gully . I was in the stand at 5:45 . Never saw a thing . Told my SIL that I was ready to help with the electric fence at !0 am . Got the fence wired up and left to visit with one of my sisters . 

Came home and got my gear ready for tomorrow's  gun season .

Although I failed to cash in during the archery season I will continue to hunt as long as my body is able to do it . If it wasn't for getting out to hunt , my lazy ass would be at the computer even more . Going to hunt in Geneseo with my youngest son this am . I am hoping that there will be hunters on the bordering properties to have the deer move . It will be warm early and cool off this afternoon according to the forecast . 

My youngest son , Nick , and I met at the property in Geneseo at 5:45 am and headed for our stands a few minutes later . I gave Nick the choice of stands as he has a limited time he can hunt . He chose the stand that his brother and I put up last week and I took the willow tree . I didn't see a darned thing . Nick shot a doe and about 45 minutes later shot a big buck . It would probably be listed as an 8 point but had a tine broke of and a couple of half inch nubs so next year it might have been an 11 . 

I walked to the woods to see what he had and then walked up to where I was parked , got the ATV & sled and hauled the buck up to the trailer . Then went back and got the doe . I had to leave the ATV there as I was out of room . Showed my SIL the deer and then headed to Honeoye Falls to drop the deer off . Nick and Matt were skinning and cutting up the deer . It was getting quite overcast and I shoved off for home . Stopped at a cra was and washed out the sled and trailer . That was a chore . I would like to have hunted longer but it worked out for the best by leaving when we did . 

My oldest son and I will be giving Geneseo a try tomorrow am . Not looking forward to the 22 degree cold at 7 am ! Not sure how deep the snow  will be walking through to the woods . The walk is almost a mile . It didn't bother me that much 30 - 40 years ago . 

Well Finally !

Matt and I went to met at my SILs property in Geneseo . He was running late so I waited for him . We got dressed and made the long walk to the woods are were there in plenty of time . We sat at least 250 yards apart diagonally across the woods and we didn't see any deer . Saw deer bed in the laneway and a lot of tracks on the way in . We decided to leave at 11 . I told Matt to go out on the trail and I would walk through the thick crap and see if I could push anything to him . He didn't go down to where I wanted him to and 4 deer hauled butt out of the thickets . Too fast for him to take a shot .

We helped my SIL with a couple tasks and I went down and got my ATV and parked it under her rear deck . Then we headed to Mendon . I grabbed a coffee and we went to a spot where we have permission to hunt on RT 251 in Victor . Hunters were already there so we went back to Matt's property in Honeoye Falls . I got my youngest son's Savage 20 ga and went out back to the blind . After about an hour a small doe came out at about 40 yards . I rested the shotgun on shooting sticks . I had an insulated jacket with an insulated vest on plus my son had an additional recoil pad on his shotgun . It was awkward and uncomfortable to should plus I still am not used to the Accu-Trigger . I squeezed off a shot and the small doe dropped right on the spot . I let my son know I had one down and sat for a while longer . About 30 - 40 minutes later a large doe came out looking for her baby . I waited for her to get in the open and when she did I squeezed off another shot . She ran of full bore and I thought I might have missed as a doe went running past the blind full speed at about 15 feet . Matt came out with his ATV and wagon . I walked over to the small doe and saw a big blood spot where the big doe had been standing . I looked over in the direction to where she had ran and she was laying right on one of the trails . Got a two-fer ! The pressure is off . 

We hung up the big doe , skinned it and cut it up . Then we hung the small one and we went in the house for coffee , pizza bagels and birthday cake and then I headed home . Lost my camera somewhere on my SIL's property which was the worst part of the day . 

• Like 6

Well , I pulled one of my boners Wednesday and lost one of my Canon Cameras . I tore my car apart looking for it and deciced I must have lost it hunting at my SILs . So , today after taking the wife andf a grandson to breakfast I headed to Geneseo . I didn't take my hunting gear as I wanted to concentrate on the camera search . As I was walking down the laneway I saw a doe running across the neighbor's field . A couple minutes later there was a doe standing down the laneway about 100 yards away . I stopped and she was watching me and took a couple steps in my direction . I started to slow walk towards her and when I was about 60 yards away , she ran . When I got down to the little clump of trees where I wanted my son to wait the other day a couple doe stepped out of the thickets , then a couple more until all 9 (nine) of them were in the open about 70-80 yards away . They looked in my direction and slowly went to the property west of my SIL's . If I had taken my rifle I probably wouldn't have seen anything . Didn't find the camera . 

Before I left Ontario this am I stopped at Tractor Supply and bought another Hub Blind . I bought the Ameristep Brickhouse Blind that normally sells for $129.99 for $89.99 . So today wasn't a total loss . 

My 2 sons that hunt saw 3 small ( this year's deer ) , a spike with a broken off spike and as my oldest son was leaving the woods he saw a fork horn . Neither took any shots . I didn't hunt but pland to spend 2-3 hours in Walworth tomorrow am . Gotta hit the sack now . 

I was in a double stand in Walworth this am from dark to almost 11am . Didn't see any deer . The stands is almost 10 yards in the woods next to a cut bean field . You could see beyond 200 yards . I had my shotgun at the bean field is in Monroe County and the tree stand in in Wayne County . It was below freezing and I was getting very little sun so it stayed cold . Another BORING sit . Well , there is still more time left to fill some tags . 

• Like 1

I will give Geneseo another try tomorrow . I have to get there early enough to do some trimming for shooting lanes . I had my son check out the view from my pond blind . I would actually be at least 4 feet higher than the view in the pic . I need to trim some of the small stuff that blocks the view of the field which would give me a 150 yard shot . 

2016 11-28 Pond Blind View (2).jpg

• Like 2

Another exciting day in the great outdoors . I was in my elevated blind by 6:30 this morning . Sat until just past noon and never saw a thing . Trimmed some branches and cut down a couple small trees . Walked slow through the thickets and back without seeing or hearing anything .

I had my bow saw and loppers as well as my shooting sticks in a bag . As I was walking up the lane way , two doe jumped into it about 100 yards away . One scooted off and the other stood there watching me . After a couple minutes I slowly tried to put the bag down and the doe scurried off . As I was picking the bag back up , another doe ran out of the same area . So much for hunting ! :negative: