Fast Eddie's Fables

fasteddie

Well , it's time to do another boring sit but this time I will try a stand in Pittsford . I plan to sit from maybe 10 am until sundown . I just need a deer to cooperate .

Not sure where I will hunt Saturday . It looks to be one cccccold day Saturday . It's forecasted to be 16 degrees at 7 am . That's gun hunting temperature !

Boring was an understatement . I wass in a stand in Pittsford at 10 am . Saw a couple doe at a distance at 10:45 and 11:15 . Around 11 someone started using a bulldozer and quit at 1 pm . Somewhere around 3 pm someone entered the field at the East end and walked about 100 yards , headed north , then South and headed my way . He was carryong a crossbow and looked like the same DipWad that screwed up my hunting last year and he was smoking a cigar . I thought he would keep coming but he cut into the high grass and overgrowth about 60 yards away . I could see him south of me glassing the thick stuff . This guy NEVER looked up at the tree stand I was in and it has been there for several years . He came within 50 yards of me and was facing away . I hollared 3 times and called out the name of the person that I think he is but no response . I wondered if he was deaf . He came back out into the field and farted around looking into the thickets with his Binos . He left around 4 .

At about 4::55 I was ready to get down . Instead of shooting my de-cocking arrow , I got out my practice arrow and thought I would give it a try offhand . I had one of the markers that the lawn service people use . I had painted the top orange so I could spot it and use it for a distance marker and to hold a lit scent stick . I stood up so I could sight offhand over the railing and aimed at the base of the stake . When I got down , I walked over to the stake to pull it out and retrieve the "bolt" .  Didn't see it and pulled back some of the grass . I spotted some of the fletching and dug it out . I thought , holy crap , I missed the stake by a half inch . I really impressed myself ! 

Almost forgot . Between Smith road and Taylor road on West Bloomfield road , I saw 5 doe near the road 2-2 and 1 . They know when to come out . 

That's my story and I am sticking with it !

Hunted Geneseo with my youngest son Nick. It was cçccold . Between 645 and 815 I saw 8 doe 1 buck and 1 not sure of its sex. Nothing after that. Got down and took a slow walk down the lane way at 11 am. . Nothing there. Called it a day and headed home . At least I saw some action .  My problem is that my de-cocking bolt is getting too much work . I need to de-cock by putting a shot into a deer !

• Like 1

I had a be-otch of a headache this morning . It felt like someone had smacked me in the forehead with a 2X4 . I felt a little better in the afternoon and went to Mendon and sat in a stand with the X-bow . Was in the stand by 2:30 . Pretty dull . Saw an 8 point about 80 yards south east of me . He meandered across the field . I did get him to stop twice but he continued to walk off into the deep crap . Wow , the excitement  ! 

I plan to go to Geneseo tomorrow and try to put my Hub Blind back on the 6' high platform and trim a little bit . 

Weather for the opener in Geneseo

49 degrees feels like 41

Periods of rain --- 5.5 hours of rain

Wind - South 14 mph with gusts up to 21 mph 

I can't get a break . Today is the only day I can go to Geneseo and put up the Hub Blind on the 6' platform and rain and snow are in the forecast . I don't have much of a choice and will have to do it today . Since much rain is forecasted for the Saturday opener , I want to be able to sit High and Dry ! 

I didn't hunt today but I did go to my SILs property in Geneseo . I put the Hub Blind on top of the 6' high platform and had a heck of a time doing it alone . Trimmed some shooting lanes and then walked to the woods . Pulled cards from the trail cams . A couple had dead batteries as I hadn't checked them in a while . The field was wet and soggy . Six inches of water in some spots . The woods was holding a lot of water also . It has no where to run . I took some Posted Signs and the staple gun with me and replaced the ones that someone tore down . Did a lot of walking and my legs feel like butter . It's rough getting old ! 

All set for a rainy gun opener ...........

• Like 3

It sucks to be me . I was in a double chair blind in Mendon from 10 am until 4:45 . Never saw a damn thing . I was awake all the time . It was quite windy at times . When it rained , it rained sideways ! To make matters worse when I was hooking up the trailer I took a small slice out of the side of my right index finger . Since I am on coumadin I bleed like a hemophiliac . It took a while for the bleeding to stop . I am done with Bow Season for this year .

Will be heading for Geneseol shortly . Two of my son that hunt are going there also . I wonder if the guys that lease the property next to my SILs property will be hunting . Never see them . I almost want to bet on how soon early shots will ring out . Legal time is 7:07 am .

Here is the turd that was wandering around today ..... I see now why he may not have heard me . Looks like he has ear phone plugs in his ears . 

IMG_0004.thumb.JPG.df521e98ef2b97c2286a7377d8c6669e.JPG
IMG_0005.thumb.JPG.f390f5231f4e3d699fb733ac5852eb4e.JPG
IMG_0007.thumb.JPG.6a95370b0b35b8dc70c9cb4ea3ef6ac3.JPG
IMG_0008.thumb.JPG.767dbdeed9bb4540beebd85d6f554980.JPG
IMG_0003.thumb.JPG.7e90d768921d5afd83a3b5abbc345a6b.JPG
IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.d4301f1b152fb8f0ca98e4fc24292ac3.JPG
Did anybody else notice the 2nd pic.... Finger on the trigger !!! Better watch out for falling bolts.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hunted with two of my sons yester ( opening day of gun ) . Youngest son was sitting at south end of laneway about 700 yards from my pond blind location . Oldest son was in a double stand in the woods about 400 yards from my location . Heard the 1st shot about 20 minutes before legal time . over 15 by the time that it was Sunrise . I had a lot of visibility looking towards the woods and to the East of me . Actually , it was too much to watch . Wasn't seeing anything and my youngest son sent me a text at 11:56 saying he had just shot a spike . It looked more like a 4 point want to be . Around 3 pm I saw 3 anterless cross a trail 160 yards towards the woods. Blip and they were gone . I texted Matt to let him know . At 4 pm , Matt texted me to let me know that he was getting down , was going to check out another stand and then walk through the thickets to see what he might kick out . At 4:20 a deer came hauling butt out of the thickets and up the field . I thought it was a doe as I was looking through some limbs and it was over 100 yards away . I texted Nick to let him know . He got back to me and said that it was a buck and came into the laneway about 6 yards from him while he was gutting his deer . It was raining and I made the walk up to my car to get the ATV to get the deer up to Matt's truck . I parked my ATV under my SILs back deck and left . I was soaked . 

pond blind 1.jpg

pond blind 2.jpg

nick buck 2 11-18-2017.jpeg

Nicks buck 2.jpg

• Like 1

Left the house around 4:45 and headed to Geneseo . Took the chair blind with me . I always check my trailer lights before going and the left rear running light was out but the brake and turn signal would light on the side of the rear light . So , I have the double chair blind set up and the wind is blowing like hell . I forgot to take my big tent stakes and the little ones that came with the blind were worthless . At 10 am I left for Walmart to use the john , buy some stakes , get a sub sandwich , etc . Pulled the lens off the trailer light and the bulb had litterally blown . Replaced it and headed back to the property . Back in the stand by 1 pm . Still windy but had the blind staked down . It still moved and made noise with the wind . At 3:10 pm , I looked across the pasture and saw movement . It was difficult as I was looking right towards the sun . It was a small doe and she was facing me and looking at my location . I saw something move behind her in the brush . It was probably her mom . Too much brush and the bigger doe retreated . Then the little one left . That was my excitement for the day . Packed up at 4:45 and headed home . Traffic was slow on 590 North . must have been some accidents . I had high expectations for the day but they just didn't pan out .........

Heading for Geneseo in a few minutes . I don't want to get skunked this year . So far I have spent a lot of time and coming up with zilch . I doubt if many or anyone will be hunting nearby today so the deer might not move . Then again , they might feel safe and move around . Ya never know !

Around 1030 I got out of the blind , walked down the lane way through the squishy pond field and to the woods . Saw nothing . Came back to the blind , left my gear and walked to the creek to get the mud off of my boots
On the way back to the blind I spotted a buck hauling butt across the field to the west of me that some guys lease. . Haven't seen anything else except squirrels
Well , one of these days ......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk