Fast Eddie's Fables

fasteddie

Went back to Pittsford - Mendon stand this afternoon . Was in the stand by 3:30 . My oldest son showed up at 4 pm . Some people have to work . Stayed until 7 pm . Saw 1 doe and 7 (possibly 8) bucks . There was a group of 5 bucks playing around in the field over 200 yards out . I did my best to get pics with my little Canon Powershot SX130 . Looked like 2 of the bucks were playing a pushing game .

When I got in my car the temt was 47 degrees . It was quite windy as most of you know .

post-132-0-52636000-1443835232_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-23201400-1443835249_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-38272200-1443835271_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Havn't gone out since Friday . After church this am I went to breakfast in Williamson with some friends . Saw 5 anterless deer on the south side of Rt 104 no more than 80 yards from the side of the road . Posted up ..... they know where they are safe !

I'm going to give Geneseo a try tomorrow . Nothing even close in Pittsford - Mendon . My sons went to Pittsford - Mendon this am and all one of them saw was a red fox . I'll hunt one stand in the am then do some trimming by my gun blind and hunt a different stand in the afternoon .

• Like 1

At about 7:30 2 doe were headed my way . I grabbed my bow and waited . One of the doe was within 20 yards but looking directly at me as I was sky-lined . She stomped and did the head bob and walked away . I could see them through the brush . I did my fake fawn bleat and they started to come back and scented me and took off . At about 8:30 3 anterless came across the neighboring field but came no closer than 100 yards .

Got down from the stand , got my ATV and headed for my pod blind at the pond and cut down a bunch of brush that was blocking the view from the blind . I grabbed a ladder stand that I had laying on the ground and towed it up near the stand that I had used in the am . Did a little trimming and put up the ladder stand then checked out 4 trail cams . There was minimal deer activity on the cameras so maybe moving it was a waste of time . Sat in the stand around 4 pm and saw a couple bucks way down at the end of the neighbor's field . My sister in law said 3 hunters have leased that property for hunting so we can no longer shoot there . 

My stomach was acting up and my back was killing me so I left at 5 pm .  Sorry to bore you but that was my day .............

• Like 1

Felt sick today but had to work . Not going out tomorrow morning but might hunt the Walworth spot tomorrow afternoon . I was going to stay away from this property until the 16th but as crappy as I have felt the past couple days , I didn't want to stray too far from home . Showers are forecasted at 5 pm but I hope that changes ..........

I stopped at DICKs and bought a 16' Lookout Deluxe Comfort Zone stand . I plan to meet my oldest son at a friend's property in Marion Saturday am and set it up so it will be ready for gun season . It has a shooting rail but my son plans to beef that up and make it a little heavier duty . $70 and I had a $15 coupon to use . 

It's 69 degrees here and I was thinking of staying home as it is so warm out but I can't shoot anything from my computer . Sooooo , I guess I will get my butt in gear and head for Walworth . Still don't feel that great . Must have a bug or something . 

Was only out for 3 hours and saw nothing . Heard a shot around 4:30 and a crapload of geese flew over . THere must be a dog kennel on the road north of where I was at as there was continuous barking . And a Pileated Woodpecker was constantly squacking . It was light out in the open but dark in the woods . 

• Like 1

Went down to my son's friend's place in the Marion - Palmyra area and put up a 16" Lookout Deluxe stand for deer hunting . Scouted the area . My youngest son shot a nice 8 point on the property last year . Looking forward to opening day of gun season there .

Left there and drove to my friend's property in Walworth . I have a stand in a tree that forks . Moved the stand to the other trunk so I would be able to shoot at more of an angle rather than straight out . Checked 3 trail cams and no deer on any of them . Not much activity since they quit logging down the road . 

When I came up Monroe / Wayne County Line road There were 8 , yes eight , Wayne County Sheriff's cars at a home just north of Sweets Corners road . They had part of the front yard marked with Crime Scene tape . No idea what happened there . Don't understand why there was 8 police cars . Maybe the homeowner was baking donuts ! 

Another day , another nuttin'  ! Was in a stand in Geneseo by 6:15 . Saw a buck around 7:15 way down at the end of the neighboring field . Then at 7:30 I sa 5 anterless deer 200 yards across the same field . A little latewr I saw a red fox on my SIL's property . Stayed in the stand until 10 am . Shot 2 practice and was dead on but ..... there must have been a rock under the sod and one of the arrows was trashed . There goes $10 . 

Checked out the trail cams , changed my clothes and went to the village to get something to eat . Came back and creared some brush & vines and went to a different stand . When I got there I realized the ratchet strap was broken so I walked back 1/2 mile to get one from my car . Stayed in that stand until 6:25 and didn't see anything . As I was walking up the laneway , I saw 3 doe in the adjacent field . No shots at all today but I saw a few deer . 

I am tired ! 

Another exciting day . Headed out and realized I forgot my phone . Was going to leave it but decided to turn back and grab the phone in case something happened . 

Was in the Pittsford stand at 3:45 . Windy ! Saw a doe and a buck at 4:45 then back to boredum . Just before 6 , 2 doe bolted into the field to my right , ran in a couple circles and looked back to the area that they came from then headed North . A bit later , I saw an 8 point and watched him for about 15 minutes . When he went into the thick stuff I figured it was a good time to get down without being spotted . As I started for the car I spotted a buck in the adjacent field . None of the deer came any closer than 120 yards . 

Directly North of where they headed is a large cat tail area and farther north is a corn field . The farmer asked us not the hunt the far end of the field . There are a couple houses and we would be almost a 100 yards from any dwelling , the farmer doesn't want the folks complaining to him . We gotta follow the rules !

I got home around 7:15  pm and noticed the driveway light was out . As I drove down the lane , it was dark . The power was out . Called the neighbor and he said it went out around 7 pm . Checked the freezer thermometers and everything was okay . Power came back on around 8:45 so I didn't have to run the generator . 

• Like 1

Went to Walworth this afternoon even though rain was forecasted . Big mistake . Started out with a light sprinkle .. no problem . Sitting in the stand and it rained harder . Then all hell broke loose and there was a downpour . I was soaked ! Said nuts to this and got down . When you can wring water out of your pull up rope , that's time to quit . Walked up to where I was parked and the rain had let up (5:30) but I was SOAKED and it was 47 degrees . Cranked up the heater on the way home . Carried my wet clothes in the house and they felt like they weighed a ton . Cleaned out the pockets and put everything in the dryer . Looks like more rain tomorrow . Day-um !!! 

The Walworth spot has kinda dried up as deer go . I think thoses bucks that I was getting on camera there were due to logging down the road . The logging has been over for a few weeks and we have seen very little on the trail cams ever since then .

I plan to try Geneseo next Monday am and if that sucks , I will head for Pittsford . 

I have the ATV loaded on the trailer and everything ready to shove off for Geneseo in the am . Forecasted to be 26 degrees at 7 am . That's a tad ccccccccold for shooting a bow . Hopefully the deer will be movong . The problem with that area is there is a cornfield a couple hundred yards down the road . It seems like the deer leave the field and head straight north on the far side of the neighbor's field to the woods . Three hunters have that area locked up but I havn't seen anyone over there in 2 trips to my SILs  property .

I was in my stand in Geneseo by 6:45 am yesterday . It was cold and I was somewhat dressed for it . Saw a deer way off in the distance at 8 am but by the time i got the binos out , it was gone . Around 9 a doe crossed the neighbor's field heading for the lane way about 150 yards down from me . the wind was in my favor but the doe never headed my way . That is all I saw all morning . The sun was out but the wind picked up and made it feel much colder . Got down at 10:30 .

At 2:30 , I was in Pittsford in the stand that I normally use . Sat there for an hour and then moved to a stand at the other end of the filed where the deer previously traveled near . Once again the wind was in my favor . Nothing came out of the woods by the creek where they normally do south of me . I could see quite a bit north of the hedge row and nothing there . Around 6:15 I got down and walked across the field to the wooded area by the creek to my youngest son's stand . The was a note on it ( Private Property - Removed Stand - call owner ) . The stand was still up and I saw where a sign was placed on another guy's stand . The property must have changed ownership but there was no name or number on the paper . My son is going to remove the stand today . I wonder if whoever walked through the area stunk it up so the deer weren't around . 

Gotta get a neck gator . The cold wind on my neck gave me a stiff neck . 

Saw a bunch of deer today but 200 yards across the neighbor's field in Geneseo . saw the first deer at 7:30 and the last in the am around 9:00 . Saw i buck and 11 doe . Then Nothing . Drove to the store and got something to eat and used the toilet . Drove to the home of the land owner of the property west of my SILs land . Came back and checked out a couple stands . Decided to use the one across the field from where I saw some of the deer in the am . At about 5:30 I saw 3 doe come across my SILs property a couple handred yards north of me . I picked the wrong stand . Well , I saw deer !