Scumbag thieves

greg54

I got to thinking on the camp break ins...our old house had I think the original fire alarm ever made...it was whole house wiring  to sensors that connected to a powerful air horn out side...I'm talking so old the wiring was clothe..probably asbestos covered...any how it was to alarm the whole neighbor hood...

So why not use contact pads at windows and doors  wired to a very loud horn on the roof or pole ...they break the contact and the horn goes off...not many would stick around for that and eventually the authorities would contact you to turn the thing off and notify you...though I'd let them know of the system...

alot of the cams do have a passcode option, you just have to enable it. That new Covert you have has it. Look through the menus.

Good point but I bet if the thief / thieves couldn't get it to work , they would just toss it . Still a lost camera .

On the plus side --- the damned thief wouldn't be able to use it !

kids may have stolen them for drug money . That seems to be the going thing now days !

• Like 1

Why we Never leave anything of value at camp...just an old monster TV...DVD and VCR....if they want the beds and mattresses...PLEASE TAKE the uncomfortable things...

Sorry for the losses but more for the feelings it leaves behind.....

Yep.  Used to have 30 acres in Stratford, NY with a 35' trailer on it and a 12x12 shed.  Some kids broke in, destroying an entry and screen door in the process. They had to be looking for booze. There was none so they proceeded to break a big glass canister we had, destroy the panels on the fridge/freezer, stole my fishing stuff and tools out of the shed. OH and a 21" flatscreen TV/VCR.  I would of LOVED to have seen their faces when they realized that the TV was 12V!

But my wife never was able to get over the "violated" feeling so we sold the place.  Wasn't any good for hunting anyhow. The locals didn't wait for seasons to take deer so by the time it opened there wasn't much left.   I just don't fit into the renegade mold and don't have much use for people that do so I wasn't opposed to dumping the place. It was beautiful though other than the people.

My sister just called me said my brother in law (as a type this) is going to talk with the adjoining property owners let them know and ask them if they have seen anyone etc. Get the word of mouth going and I will keep my eye on craigslist. I was so angry and upset about what this dirtbag did I didn't sleep last night. My friend called this morning asked if I wanted go salmon fishing tonight, thast sounds like a good stress reliever hooking into a nice Chinook, so its off to Olcott pier tonight.

I mean what the hell is up with all these robberies in the rural areas??  I live close to a very busy urban/suburban area and I often leave my car unlocked without incident, and have never had anything else stolen around my property either.  Plenty of people that I know haven't either.   Not making this into a urban vs. rural debate, but I always figured people in rural areas had more respect for property than this?.  I realize that in more remote areas one has less chance of being seen or caught, but come on.  Rural areas also have smaller human populations, so with the smaller human populations it appears to me that the percentage of these types of type incidences is far worse than in the freaking urban areas.  Unreal!

Crime happens everywhere but we have had 50 plus years of the school system teaching that we are just monkey's, the result of a cosmic accident and as a result we have have seen a steady decline in ethics, morals and attitudes since the social engineers have told us that all we should care about is getting ahead and getting one over the next guy. If you believe you are monkey why the hell wouldn't you steal if you think you can get away with it? Morality has become subjective today, which is to say everyone makes up their own standards now regardless of the effect on society.People fauiled to stand up against this Pavlovian training so we are we are.It's going to get worse btw....

Well yeah, there has been a decline in society, but ethics and morals are NOT only the result of our school systems.  What do people learn at home from parents? Or grandparents from a generation before them?  Plus, it has always been FACT that the more conservative mindset is more centered around the rural areas, so one would think that their ethics and morals would be above those from the urban areas, wouldn't you?  At least that's what most of this mindset would lead you to believe anyway.  Most rural people I know think the urban areas are a cesspool of violence, thievery and mayhem.  I try to convince them that this isn't completely true, but it generally falls on deaf ears.  If at the same time the rural folks are telling me about all these robberies that are occurring on their doorsteps, exactly what should I make of this, since the same surely doesn't occur in the urban/suburban area that I happen to live in??  Quite puzzling really.

Go to local gas station with a blown up pic and ask if you can post it at the desk with a reward for info. I have seen this work around where I live. My wife worked at a gas staion one time where they blew up pics of people who drove off without paying for gas and posted it at the front desk. You would be suprised how many people came back with stories of oh I forgot or oh I thought I had paid.

you can bet its the neighbors. hows the saying go? 2 eyes for an eye...

A hunter who lives with in a half a mile would be my guess.

Everything I buy gets my name scribed on It in a couple places. If nothing else I can prove its mine when I see it on Craigslist, or hanging in a neighboring woods......

Good luck.

Oh and each sd card has a pic.like this sometimes aiming at camera. Just my way of saying hi, I'm coming for you.

post-253-0-64036200-1380913449_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the back of all of my cams, I have a note attached. It basically says the following:

If you can read this note, your picture has already been taken and sent to me via email and text message.  Please leave the camera the way you found it. If you have any questions please call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

I have gotten pics of people looking right into the camera, but nobody has ever taken a cam yet.

• Like 1

I love finding cameras in the woods.  I used to moon them years ago, but now I just leave them where they are.  They let me know that I need to find a different place on the public land I hunt.  I hate seeing flashlights walking towards me at 5:30am on opening day

• Like 1

I just had my climber stolen only after it was left for one night in a tree. Pissed me off because I saw the guys camera about 200 yards away a week before and never touched it. I figured it was the land owners friend who hunts the property. You'd think more people who have the respect and moral judgment to treat others as they would like to be treated. So sickening people just see what they want and take it, there is too much self entitlement in our society.

• Like 2