2 days in the woods and nothing

Vince1

Hey some old guys know what a selfie is...

hehe now I don't feel so bad :).

moved my stand a bit to right outside of a bedding area, problem is after I got there I realized there is food on both sides of the field roughly the same distance apart, got busted by two bucks in the AM and they of course went the opposite direction.

didn't see anymore movement after the rain started and it didn't let up all day. since I was cold and wet im guessing they were to and stayed near food? meh hunt and learn 

post-3352-0-56286400-1381114132_thumb.jp

post-3352-0-05603700-1381114138_thumb.jp

oh man better luck next time!  If it were easy it wouldn't be cool right! Just keep at it man.  Just think no matter how long it takes whenever you drop you first deer just think of how freaking cool that's gonna feel!  Ive been working on my dead deer dance its not bad but it could use a little work!  Going on my third year with no deer its not easy.  But its all about the journey not the destination.  If things had played out just a little different and that buck was in the right place at the right time........WHAMO!!!!....its dancing time!  Better luck next time get back out there!

yea I think I am going to head back there sunday if I have work sat if not I may try for a sat sun hunt...cant wait been watching the outdoor channel non stop its driving me nuts!

If u do a saturday let me know. I can do evenin on sat but sunday im gonna sit the stand

Earliest i can make it up there is like 2 dependin on traffic

Edited by Vince1

gotcha. I know that bedding area they were at. They have to be making there way back there every night.  The temps have moved down so I figure if we could stealth our way up behind the mountains they ran up when I spooked em.  Then we might have a good chance of calling them up for a shot.  If this were rifle season this would be easy however I think its our best bet for a stalk hunt.  Let me know what you think. 

Vince1, on 07 Oct 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

yup, heading back out next  sunday. hopefully I can get out there a have him walk right past me. was cool as hell. though my entire body is soar from so much hiking huge PITA

Vince, if your sore from the hike, imagine how sore you'll be after dragging one out! LOL  Can you use a deer cart in that area?

Keep at it! Sounds like you're narrowing things down, so it will all come together for you one of these days!

gotcha. I know that bedding area they were at. They have to be making there way back there every night. The temps have moved down so I figure if we could stealth our way up behind the mountains they ran up when I spooked em. Then we might have a good chance of calling them up for a shot. If this were rifle season this would be easy however I think its our best bet for a stalk hunt. Let me know what you think.

cool with me gonna , though i have no phone serice out that way.gotta get some communication goin out there.

its a pita headin a few miles in. But i got a hand truck and a lifeline if need be. But they also supposedly drive the deer out for guys who truck way in.

yea that what I heard.  We are only going about a mile in but brotha ommmgg! That 20lb tree stand plus back pack weighs a friggin ton! I am beat to hell and I barely even went too deep today at rocky point.  However if we finally get one! Oh man I don't care how hard of a workout it would be to get it out I will be freakin singing the whole way back lolol .  No deer at rocky point......aggaaain better luck next time.  Tomorrow should be a blast call me when you get a min

if I kill a bear tomorrow I plan on skinning it and wearing its flesh while I run down the highway screaming bloody murder!  However that's a really good point dragging a deer out would be rough.  Apparently now I hear its also a youth hunt....bear suit might not be a great idea....